tell me what you think.....New Marketing idea

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I took video of my calves for sale. I don't have a webl page yet but want to increase the traffic. I posted video on YouTube.
I know I have a ways to go on quality of video but think it worth the view?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsG07LzaN6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6-OkoTFnk

BCCC

It would really help people that are buying them sight unseen! they are looking good!

red

OH B, check w/ cattle.com. They are working on a video program.

Very nice calves!!!!

Red

linnettejane

great idea!  how bout at the end of the video, you could shoot a pic of your contact info?  (clapping)

CPL

I think it would help if you took a video of them individually and in a mowed lot or something. Also, if you would kneel down and get the camera on their level the picture will look better. Something I was told was that you should stand back and use the zoom to take pictures. I guess that might work on video too. The idea is great and like BCCC said, if people are trying to decide wether to come drive the distance to your place or not a video could help them

OH Breeder

CPL said:
I think it would help if you took a video of them individually and in a mowed lot or something. Also, if you would kneel down and get the camera on their level the picture will look better. Something I was told was that you should stand back and use the zoom to take pictures. I guess that might work on video too. The idea is great and like BCCC said, if people are trying to decide wether to come drive the distance to your place or not a video could help them

This is good feedback all. Unfortunately I do not have a lot that is mowed. Last year we didn't have a blade of grass at this time. This year we have it coming out of our ears. I do usually use zoom with the camera when taking pictures. I plan on getting video on each one. You would be surprised how much space it takes up on a disc and is to down load.  One clip is only 40 seconds the other is only 32 but they were huge and took a while to download. Maybe I can move a little patch and work them with hog panels into it. Thought.
THANK you for all the feedback.
shawn

knabe

CPL said:
Something I was told was that you should stand back and use the zoom to take pictures.

the reason this works is there is less distortion depth wise and also the surrounding are not as in focus and they animal tends to pop of the picture.

bcosu

it looks good but like the others said about getting them on a better surface. i know there was a video on brad hooks website about his pasture sale and it kinda showed how he did it. you might consider having someone else work the calves and letting them walk instead of following them with the camera. i think it might give some people motion sickness like that movie cloverfield. if you get down on their level then that will help too. if you were to take pictures of them, then i would try to zoom as little as possible so that you can edit more on your computer. by zooming in, you kind of make the image more grainy and reduce the number of pixels you are working with.

OH Breeder

cbcfarms said:
it looks good but like the others said about getting them on a better surface. i know there was a video on brad hooks website about his pasture sale and it kinda showed how he did it. you might consider having someone else work the calves and letting them walk instead of following them with the camera. i think it might give some people motion sickness like that movie cloverfield. if you get down on their level then that will help too. if you were to take pictures of them, then i would try to zoom as little as possible so that you can edit more on your computer. by zooming in, you kind of make the image more grainy and reduce the number of pixels you are working with.

Hey cbc, Do you have a webpage I could look at. Good advice. We are definitely not up to Brad Hook's level. We have only sold calves locally or shown our own. So, my marketing attempts are getting better.

Gone west. Check you email. The pictures should be there. I was offered a piece of advice on getting good photos, leave the camera on the table. This little girl is about like that. I am going to have to just wait her out.  ;)

GRsimm

This is a great idea I truly think this will become more popular as time passes with the cost of fuel and stuff people need a way to view the calves that wont cost them an arm and leg to get there. Good looking calves.  (clapping)

OH Breeder

Jill said:
So this may be a stupid question, but is there a cost for that?

Not a stupid question Jill. It is free. It takes a bit to up load. But, you get worldwide exposure. I did get a few emails after positng the video's asking what the breeding was on the calves.

thepoorfarm

You could even make a "My Space " page, and you can put videos on there as well, then you people can contact you through it.