tell me what you think

Help Support Steer Planet:

showstick09

this is the heifer i am going to be showing this year. she has her tailhead hair kind of rubbed off in this picture. but i would like some honest opinions on what yall think about her, and what i could possibly do to fix things that are wrong. thanks!

Attachments

• starla.jpg
    starla.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 405

dori36

showstick09 said:
this is the heifer i am going to be showing this year. she has her tailhead hair kind of rubbed off in this picture. but i would like some honest opinions on what yall think about her, and what i could possibly do to fix things that are wrong. thanks!

When was she born?

frostback

All her feet go in the right direction, she may have a little more set to the back legs then I like but should not be a problem. Her top looks a little weak  but that may be because she has her head tied kinda high. She is nice and clean fronted. Grow some hair on her and she should be a fine project. What breed is she?

OH Breeder

Unfortuately, the picture doesn't flatter her, but I understand you snap them when you can.
Positive!
Long bodied, depth of rib clean neck and nice extension, looks like her hair is coming along, muscling is good

Things you can't change, little unlevel in her hips, little coarse shoulder, rear leg set might be a little under

But, some hair and condition will help her. A good foot trimmer also. Some more leg hair which is mostly genetic but you can stimulate some more growth by using a roto brush and work work work.

Overral think she will make you a nice project. What is her birthdate and her breeding?

showstick09

she was born april 14 2006 and she is a red angus. i'm not sure her breeding because my FFA teacher keeps our papers during show season. this picture is a couple of months old, but it was the only one i have of her. i will try to get a recent one to see if there is much difference. thank yall!

OH Breeder

strawroanlova said:
even an idiot could tell it needs hair :)))

I am hoping I am misunderstanding the meaning of you post. But if you are attempting to be derrogatory toward me, re think that. On this sight, we try to treat others with respect. I would hope that post is not directed at me. Take those post ELSEWHERE.

OH Breeder

showstick09 said:
she was born april 14 2006 and she is a red angus. i'm not sure her breeding because my FFA teacher keeps our papers during show season. this picture is a couple of months old, but it was the only one i have of her. i will try to get a recent one to see if there is much difference. thank yall!

There are lots of Red Angus folks on here. I am sure they will have more appropriate feed back.

showstick09

....There are lots of Red Angus folks on here. I am sure they will have more appropriate feed back.

oh ok. thank you OH Breeder for you opinion. also, how do you make it show up purple when you are referring to what somebody else has said.

ROAD WARRIOR

Looks like she has plenty of length from the picture. I mike like to "stand " her up on her back wheels a little more, but it may be the way she is standing. Profile pictures are sometimes misleading. She may need a little more rib and her top line is a little rough to be competative at a major show. Hair is a wonderful thing and can cover alot of sin. Where do you plan on showing her? Local, state or national level show?

OH Breeder

showstick09 said:
....There are lots of Red Angus folks on here. I am sure they will have more appropriate feed back.

oh ok. thank you OH Breeder for you opinion. also, how do you make it show up purple when you are referring to what somebody else has said.

Hit reply with a quote and then type below the quote. Not a problem. anytime!

showstick09

ROAD WARRIOR said:
Looks like she has plenty of length from the picture. I mike like to "stand " her up on her back wheels a little more, but it may be the way she is standing. Profile pictures are sometimes misleading. She may need a little more rib and her top line is a little rough to be competative at a major show. Hair is a wonderful thing and can cover alot of sin. Where do you plan on showing her? Local, state or national level show?

she is a little bit swayed back, if that's what you want to call it, but she a lot fatter now then in this picture and also bred. i will take a new one hopefully tomorrow and post it on here. i plan on showing her locally and at ft. worth, san antonio, and houston.

shortyjock89

Neither does the younger but nonetheless peeved friend/associate of big Mr. Priss.  That sort of thing isn't really necessary on this board..we've recently had a couple problems with personal "slamming" and I don't think that that sort of talk will get you many friends anywhere.

shorthorns r us

strawroanlova said:
it was not towards you at all little miss priss i was just stating it needed hair

listen junior, if you insist on bringing attitude with you, go elsewhere.  most of us are far too old to put up with that crap.

OH Breeder

strawroanlova said:
it was not towards you at all little miss priss i was just stating it needed hair

Junior,
You came on here and I think ALL of us have welcomed you. If you want to start calling names, go to another board. I am twice or three times your age I am sure and as previously stated--keep that crap off here. You made a flip remark which was attempted to be clarified. If you enjoy posting on this board and like the advice you have been getting I would change your tune. You'll find most people DO NOT take kindly to your smart remarks :mad:. None of us are related with the EXCEPTION that we are here to learn and enjoy the MATURE company of one another via the board.