Temple Grandin

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

In another post about cattle temperament, Red was kind enough to post the link below.  I was glad to see it, thanks!!

I have been a long time fan of Temple Grandin.  Her methods and thoughts on cattle handling have always left a lasting impression on me. 

In some of our other threads we started talking about training cattle dogs.  If you have the time to look up Temple's articles on the "flight zone" of cattle to understand how you need your cattle dogs to act and go in order to move cattle QUIETLY!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1063749803579204077&q=temple+grandin&hl=en

To read more about her, go to www.grandin.com  See her article about "Low Stress Cattle Moving".

Any one else like Temple???  Lets discuss!

red

I know Telos is a big fan of hers. He gave me the link. Someday when I get rid of the dial-up I can watch it.

Red

Telos

DL turned me on to Temple Grandin a number of months ago. I have a few friends that work in packing plants which she designed, so they were familiar with her also. She is an amazing individual and has become one of my new found hero's.
The BBC has recently produced a documentary on her and it is well worth watching. It's call "The Lady who Thinks Like a Cow."

Cowz - You have the correct web site, but you have to have high speed dial-up to view it. It's a must see.

Telos

Telos said:
DL turned me on to Temple Grandin a number of months ago. I have a few friends that work in packing plants which she designed, so they were familiar with her also. She is an amazing individual and has become one of my new found hero's.
The BBC has recently produced a documentary on her and it is well worth watching. It's call "The Lady who Thinks Like a Cow."

Cowz - You have the correct web site, but you have to have high speed dial-up to view it. It's a must see.

Sorry, always double checking after I write something. It's call, " The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow". She has her PHD, so it's Dr. Temple Grandin to be correct.

DL

Temple Grandin revolutionized how cattle are handled at slaughter - opretty much single handedly - she is a fascinating woman (written a couple of interesting books). If you ever have the opportunity to hear her speak - jump on it - saw her spaek a couple of times and had dinner with her once - incredible person. DL

sjcattleco

Temple Grandin will be conducting a seminar in the Chillicothe Ohio area in August. 2007.
2 OSU extension ag agents  Jeff Fisher and Dave Mangione are organizing the seminar... Plans are to discuss on farm cattle handling, she will cover topics like disposition, hair swirls, new advances and changes at the slaughter plants and she plans to do breakout session about breaking calves to lead!  probably will be more info in the Ohio Beef Cattle letter or just drop me a line and I can fill you in on what is going on!