Testing-interesting

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

The PHA test is now commercially available, please enclose $42 per animal with all blood samples to test for both TH and PHA, along with a sample submission form. You now have 60 days to get all donor dams and AI sires tested for BOTH TH and PHA and submitted to the AMAA office. After 60 days, we start holding offspring's registration certificates on any that do not have both TH and PHA results on file with the AMAA.

knabe

27 for pha (unofficially)
27 for tha

=54, a $12 dollar savings.  great, a price reduction, who knew.

all us non-payers can pay up now!

Jill

justme said:
so Jill....what are you thinking about that?
I think it is great that the price is down, I expected the same as the TH test.  It will be interesting to see if they adhere to that hard line. 

Jill

By way of explanation, that has been the policy and since the Exposure Sale was tested last year, while not on the market we all know that the test has been available if they wanted to enforce it. and that's my 2 cents ;)

pigguy

i think its great the pprice is lower and i am glad they are making all donors and ai sires be tested, good step ina good way, but i think they could have done it way sooner.

DL

I think it is great that Dr B and Barrel Racer identified the defective genes in both TH and PHA and that a  test is available commercially.

I think it is great that you can get both tests for $48 bucks, especially since the PHA test is more complicated that the TH test (involves more steps) and could actually be more costly than the TH test.

I think it is great that some people actually plan ahead so that test results are published in their catalogs.

I don't think the test will make the honest folks more honest but it may make it a titch more difficult for the less than honest to pull the wool over peoples eyes

My vote for SP People of the year goes to Dr B and Barrel Racer
(clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

SRU - just saw your post - donors and collected bulls should have already been tested - seems like another case of poor planning on your (generic you, not you SRU) part does not constitute an emergency for the rest of the universe  ;)

Show Heifer

Jill said:
The PHA test is now commercially available, please enclose $42 per animal with all blood samples to test for both TH and PHA, along with a sample submission form. You now have 60 days to get all donor dams and AI sires tested for BOTH TH and PHA and submitted to the AMAA office. After 60 days, we start holding offspring's registration certificates on any that do not have both TH and PHA results on file with the AMAA.

Amen!!! And pass the gravy!!!  My hats off to Dr.B and Barrel racer!!!!