Texas Drought Pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

SWMO

You don't have to die to go to HELL.  Just take a look at these pictures.  Pray for rain for all of us.

vc

I can not image how terrible it must be. I see they are expecting some rain this week I hope you all get it and more.

steer-guy

Here in central Texas, I've never seen it this bad. This picture is horrible but the reality is in our area, even the weeds and trees are brown now. (except for mesquite trees) But a lot of those even are turing yellow. On top of that, it is very difficult to find any hay at all. All the people with irrigated hay patches have their hay sold before they even cut it. The feed stores are trucking in lower quality hay and selling it for $120+ per roll and these are the 4 1/2 x 5 rolls

linnettejane

those pictures were hard to look at.........prayers to all those effected by this terrible natural disaster......

simmyman67

I know many steerplanet members have been seriously affected by the drought...we need to pray that they get rain! I know thebulllady has had to sell almost twenty cows and calves because of it! It's so bad!

bart

I have cut my herd in half. Been feeding the baled gold since the first of august. I think the future is bright for the cattle business. I have kept 15 replacement heifers.
Still have hay left over from last year and bought 6 loads early in the year thank goodness I did that early. Had to get water piped in from a local water district. Most of my tanks are dry. I have my mind made up I will sell two more cows and I can hang in there until the spring. My grandfather always told us stock for a drought. Some of the sale barns are turning cows away. Keep praying for rain we had a little shower a few minutes ago not enough to settle the dust!

Doc

I just talked to my friend down in Hereford. He said in town they got .6 inches last night , but out at Mike Mimms place where he works they got 2 inches.

qbcattle

It is nothing short of a crisis down here.

Attached is a pic I took today pulling into our place. And note there is nothing but a light breeze causing the dust.

qbcattle

qbcattle said:
It is nothing short of a crisis down here.

Attached is a pic I took today pulling into our place. And note there is nothing but a light breeze causing the dust.

Attachments

• IMAG0714.jpg
    IMAG0714.jpg
    955.9 KB · Views: 214
  • IMAG0715.jpg
    IMAG0715.jpg
    926.8 KB · Views: 220

rmbcows

I knew tx was dry and I knew we're still very dry here in most of ok, but I had no idea how huge the area was until I saw the map on the blog.  Please pray for all the states. 

easttex

We are showing a chance of rain for the next couple of days.....and I have been for anything we can get. Im a small time operation used to be 30 head, but now down to 10.  Our local sale barn is running 2000 plus head every week when they normally ran 1200 or less.

oversee

That is so sad. A few years ago we had a bad drought in California and our 60 acre lake dried up. There were dead fish all over the ground. We have a very deep well so we could get water but of course we couldn't afford to keep the lake full. A few years before that, our lake flooded so much it spilled over onto the highway.
Praying the rain comes soon for you.

jason

You don't grasp the full effects of a drought until you look at those photos. 

"The 11 months from October 2010 through August 2011 have been the driest for that 11-month period in Texas since 1895, when the state began keeping rainfall records. This summer in Texas has been the hottest in the country’s history, according to the National Weather Service."

vanridge

Wow that's awful! Hope you get rain soon. It must be very stressful for everybody, praying that you'll all make it through.