Texas people

Help Support Steer Planet:

Lindsey Farms

I have a heifer that was born May 1, will she be to young to try to get in show shape by Fort Worth or should i just shoot for Houston?

txguy

Depending upon her size and how well she eats you probably can give Ft.Worth a shot because she will be right at 8 months old, and I think if you start feeding her early along with some other additives along the way you will be ok come Ft. Worth. But on the bottom side of that don't get her to fat to soon.

NHR

There will be a May and younger class at Ft Worth atleast for Shorthorns.

sawboss

My youngest son took a May 2, 07 Brangus heifer to Fort Worth last year and won his class.  Just realize that in division you will be the youngest and not have a good chance of placing in front of the older calves.  He had a blast and was so proud because it was only her second show.  Go for it and remember it is their second year when they start to really shine.

farmwife

She should be ready by Ft. Worth.

Herefords/Polled Herefords don't set classes until after the sift at Ft. Worth.

Show Heifer

I am getting ready a May baby for an August State fair....and NOT as a cow/calf pair!!

So yes, wean her, feed her, she will be fine.

But maybe I regress....I am not a "Texas people".....

Lindsey Farms

Thanks everyone.  and sorry about the Texas People title, i just put it up there hoping to get some responses from people who show in Fort Worth, but i still appreciate your input very much.

Show Heifer

Jest joking!!

Do you show slick or hairy??? That would make a bit of difference!!!