Texas TJLA Belt Buckle Bonanza

Help Support Steer Planet:

NHR Shorthorns

Anyone going? Does anybody else have a problem with the animals getting sick in their barns? Everytime we go to Waco the animals come back, just a little down I guess.

Telos

NHR Shorthorn,
What are the dates? Live in Dallas and would like to go. I can never seem to find this show posted.

NHR Shorthorns

Go to www.theshowbox.com for forms and Info
Its this wednesday through saturday, but you can bring your cattle the day of the show, at least thats what we do. Lots of fishy stuff happening at this place.
There is lots of good competion there, really good place to see where you stand for the Texas Major. Ft. Worth, San Antonio , Houston
Any ways we hope to see you there!

red

I need to find out if my red heifer will be there! I know they have water troubles might prevent them from going.

Red

NHR Shorthorns

Yea its getting pretty bad in central Texas, but savell ususally makes it. Ill try to get some pic and send them to you Red. Tell me the DOB.
I think its savanna that got your heifer right?

red

Great!
Ken e-mailed me. They're OK but have gotten 20" of rain. Her last name is Wright. Last I looked she was top of the points for AOB heifers. Is also showing a white one of their own.
The heifer will show as an AOB & her DOB is 1/3/06.
That's her full sister in my profile.

thanks,
Red

red

Jack- if you don't make it to the show, they're telacasting on http://www.liveauctions.tv/MySale.aspx

I might just have to watch!

Red

chambero

We're having to skip it because of water problems - we had to delay our "shipping" date till this weekend, and now have had to delay again because its so wet in the pastures.  Calves are getting footrot and having to rope them to doctor them (for the first time ever).  Spent all afternoon yesterday pumping water out of mudholes in our pasture rodes in futile hope that we can get trailers into our lots next weekend.

The Belt Buckle is a very tough and good show.  Fourth of July weekend every year. 

red

Chambero- my heart goes out to you & others in the same condition or worse.

I'm able to watch the show via the internet today. looks like some really tough classes so far.

Wish it was a little lighter for the camera feed though.

Red

NHR Shorthorns

We took 6 heirfers, not exactly a bad day but not a perfect day either. 4 years of going to the belt buckle and still cant come out of there with a breed champion.
We were top of the back in our clases 2nd to 4th. Seems were just not clubby enough, but hey thats the belt buckle.
Happened same thing last year too, went on to win Ft. Worth Division, Houston Open and JR. Reserve Grand. Although heifer we sold did
get res. and reserve british in ring B.