Texas Twister and Thriller

Help Support Steer Planet:

e/bcattle

Does anyone have calves on the ground out of Texas Twister of Thriller?  I am expecting  calves out of these two Feb. 21st  and was hoping to get some insight on how the calves are looking and BW.  Pictures would be appreciated. 

DakotaCow

I hate to be that guy but having seen texas twister I certainly wouldnt want to use him. To me he was one of the most structually comprimised bulls in denver, second to holy smoke. Yes he was stout but straight off both ends and had major trimming done on his feet just to allow him to get around as bad as he did.

e/bcattle

I saw Texas Twister in person also and did not see him as being straight or crippled.  But for a bull with the power he has you have to expect something to give.  As with all the new sires only time will tell once calves are on the ground.  I'm expecting the best and hope that he is gonna produce what I am aiming for. 

aandtcattle

I am supposed to get some Twisters the end of February, about the same time yours are due so we will have to compare notes.  I am a little freaked out about the birthweights I could get but I guess we will see about that.

e/bcattle

I'm interested to see the BW's also, bred him to a couple cows that usually have an 80 pound calf but you never know till they hit the ground.  Looking forward to comparing notes and appreciate the passing of the peace pipe it was also not my intention to offend anyone :)

e/bcattle

Just checkin in to see if anyone has had calves out of these bulls yet.  We have some getting close.

mark tenenbaum

aandtcattle said:
I am supposed to get some Twisters the end of February, about the same time yours are due so we will have to compare notes.  I am a little freaked out about the birthweights I could get but I guess we will see about that.Didnt know you bred anything clubby-that red calf posted  earlier sells at the Kansas Expo-hes both-but clean O0