texas twister in sw oklahomw

Help Support Steer Planet:

[email protected]

I haven't said much about the calf.  This calf broke very fast but was half tame before I started.  Sunday morning i slipped the halter over his head in the lot.  I will probably clip the 6 inch long belly hair without a stand.  He likes to be comb and nothing startles him.  Even the little yorkie that thinks he owns the barn doesn't bother him..  Great haired.  I haven't clipped his head yet.  The hair on his head is so long it looks like a beard around his nose.
He has great leg hair.  A clippers dream.
He has a butterfly top and is really sound on both ends.  You wont' have to worry about him getting too straight.  Even with Zilmax. 

I sold most of the calves in December.  This calf and the monopoly steer posted had just been castrated and didn't feel well at all.  Only a couple of people have stopped by and look since then and they were not in the market for a steer yet.  He will be a better market steer and may slick better than the ones already sold.
I haven't clipped deep yet.  I have clipped off the 5 inch hair down his back off so people could see what he looked like..  It was freaky looking.  A single strip of hair about 1 inch wide and stood up 4-5 inches tall right down the spin starting on the shoulders and ran back to the center of his loin.

This is as good a steer as I have raised in the past including the res Grand at San Antonio in 97 which was purchased late as well.

Everyone is welcome to come look when you can.  1 hour north east of lawton.