TH Bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

mbrotech

Here is a fun question for everyone to debate.... What is the best TH carrying bull for making show steers not related to Heat Seeker?  There aren't alot but I'm curious what is out there

mark tenenbaum

Not a Shorthorn? Ever hear of Double Stuff or Double Vision,(or their grandsons-great grands:Ladies Man, Rainmaker(Rainmakers sire), Blue Chip, Thickset,Blue Tool, Jakes Blue Moon,Warhorse,Mojo,Phildon Excess,Phildon Timeout, TCS Technical, Okie Dokie,) and a cast of thousands-and these are just the TH ones. NO CLUBBY ANIMALS OF ANY BREED HAVE EVER HAD THE EFFECT THAT DOUBLE STUFF AND HEETSEEKER HAD: NONE.Except maybe Pine Drive big sky LOL. O0

bart

Best th carrier bull not related to heatseeker: name that hits me hardest off the bat is DF Vegas, hardcore clubby look cattle despite being shorthorn breeding

mbrotech

Almost all will go back to a shorthorn bull.  That's where the defect originated.  There are a few black/blue bulls out there.  In my opinion, the best would go back to warhorse.  Mojo, Silver Bullet, and White Noise (and brothers) are the most popularly known.  Killer Instinct also goes back to Warhorse all though I haven't seen very many of those to decide how good he is/was. Man Child and his son Rainmaker are possible candidates for discussion as well.  There aren't very many choices outside of shorthorn bulls and the shorthorn breed has done it's best to breed away from these genetics.  Just thought it would make for an interesting discussion

mark tenenbaum

rackranch said:
Mark, I thought there have been questions as to whether or not those two bulls are pure bred.  I'm I wrong about that?  Thanks-Heeteseeker was a Debull (Chi Cross-and a Shorthorn grand Daughter  of AF Improver 145 from Mantua Farms-Wyoming.-thats where the TH came from on him (Deerpark Improver) Double stuff was an Irish Pride (Irish Shorthorn) on a Stinger (MA) x Shorthorn cow. Stinger put the double dirty on this mating-Niether were purebred bulls:although Double Stuff was papered pure-because Stinger was a fullblood Maine O0

rackranch

Gotcha  ;D

mark tenenbaum said:
rackranch said:
Mark, I thought there have been questions as to whether or not those two bulls are pure bred.  I'm I wrong about that?  Thanks-Heeteseeker was a Debull (Chi Cross-and a Shorthorn grand Daughter  of AF Improver 145 from Mantua Farms-Wyoming.-thats where the TH came from on him (Deerpark Improver) Double stuff was an Irish Pride (Irish Shorthorn) on a Stinger (MA) x Shorthorn cow. Stinger put the double dirty on this mating-Niether were purebred bulls:although Double Stuff was papered pure-because Stinger was a fullblood Maine O0

sizzler14

-XBAR- said:
DiamondCattleCo said:
-XBAR- said:
Literally hundreds of possible responses.
Excluding shorthorns, Please name them!!!!

With heatseekers dam being a shorthorn cross cow, why did you feel the need to say 'excluding shorthorns?'  Wouldn't that be implicit?
Heat Seeker was popular in the clubby deal. Yes he does go back to a shorthorn dam, but he didnt make his name in the shorthorn world. There are bulls like Warhorse but they most go back to Double Stuff like mark said. But You said there were hundreds of options, Please name them but excluding shorthorns because heat seeker didn't really cross over a lot in the shorthorns, he mainly was in the clubbies. So I would love to hear these hundred of options that don't include Heat Seeker

mark tenenbaum

If you exclude Shorthorns altoghether;which wasnt the original post-just Heetseeker-than you want carrires-go to Buck Cattle from a few years ago-Shorthorns got TH from Improver-AND STINGER-the only other carriers were other Maines O0

RyanChandler

DiamondCattleCo said:
-XBAR- said:
DiamondCattleCo said:
-XBAR- said:
Literally hundreds of possible responses.
Excluding shorthorns, Please name them!!!!

With heatseekers dam being a shorthorn cross cow, why did you feel the need to say 'excluding shorthorns?'  Wouldn't that be implicit?
Heat Seeker was popular in the clubby deal. Yes he does go back to a shorthorn dam, but he didnt make his name in the shorthorn world. There are bulls like Warhorse but they most go back to Double Stuff like mark said. But You said there were hundreds of options, Please name them but excluding shorthorns because heat seeker didn't really cross over a lot in the shorthorns, he mainly was in the clubbies. So I would love to hear these hundred of options that don't include Heat Seeker

Before I explain, I have one question.  Was De Bull CAX a THC carrier? 

RyanChandler

mark tenenbaum said:
If you exclude Shorthorns altoghether;which wasnt the original post-just Heetseeker-than you want carrires-go to Buck Cattle from a few years ago-Shorthorns got TH from Improver-AND STINGER-the only other carriers were other Maines O0

If you subscribe to the school that Improver started TH, then you have to say that all THC bulls are related to Heatseeker.  Perhaps the answer is ZERO

RyanChandler

Zach said:
Since TH is a genetic defect, isn't literally every carrier related?

Only if you believe it mutated with Improver.  Though I've heard there were reports of TH in Galloways in the early 50s and then in both SimmentHal and Shorthorns in mid 70s.