Thanks to Cowboy

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

If anyone remembers, in July I had a calf born that's knees swelled terribly. She could hardly walk & we were told to  put her down. Cowboy called me special & suggested to me a navel infection. I was sceptical but treated her w/ penicillin according to Cowboy's suggestion. She came right out of it & is doing great.
I should have named her Terry but that's the name of an ex-sister-law. :p Named her Tabie instead because her dam is called Habie (a Habanero).
I give Cowboy a big Red cheer!!!

Red  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Attachments

• 100_1567.jpg
    100_1567.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 353

CAB

Red, you & I talked about my buckler out of CC. Mine will make market, but some days he still shows his problems up front. Your calf is a hairy little bugger. She looks good. Cab

Cowboy

WOW Red -- I am hunbled indeed!!!  ;D

I remember how bucked over she was, and that caused her to toe out some too. She did REALLY come around, certainly no signs of swelling or bucking over now, nor is there any toe out -- she is SOUND as a cat!!! (clapping) (clapping)

I have had a calf named after me before for kind of these same reasons, I guess fame is fame no matter what field!!! hehehehehe ;D

I for one am glad for you -- you have a really nice replacement now -- or a cool little show hfr. Lots better than a dead one I'd say!!! CONGRATS my dear -- good job!!!!

Every one keep this case in mind for future use -- if they are born normal and in a few days start to buck over like this one did, knees are swelled up and will lay down more than play -- alot of the time it is navel ill. They don't always have to have a large swollen navel or at high temp -- this one didn't. Navel ill is subtle at times, and even if it is a structure issue, what is the cost a few shots of Peniccillin versus the value of a potentialy great calf!

Again, GREAT Job Red, you go girl!!!! (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

Terry

red

it's too bad we can't get you a consultant's job Cowboy. You could provide information & assistance to people in need for a fee. Any one got any ideas how to set that up?
I've got a couple people looking at her already.

Red