The Angry White Man

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I have to say one thing about this article. It does not give credit to the angry woman standing behind every "...angry white man." My mother and father were partners for life and til he was taken from us. Mom was pregnant with all of us at one time or another and still hauled grain bucketed water etc. This article speaks as though the ...angry white man. can make it on his own. That is a bunch of crap. I find it insulting to the women I know. Many strong women helped raise me and struggled along side "there man." Maybe I am missing the point, it just rubs me the wrong way. It borders on the 1960 nuclear family way of thinking. Unfortuately times have changed, it is whether we agree to change with them or be left behind. What about all those single mothers that the...angry white man.. walked out on. I will stop my rambling for I have said enough. If I am off base on this one, please help me understand what I missed. The article is one mans view. It doesn't represent this man.

DL

OH Breeder said:
I have to say one thing about this article. It does not give credit to the angry woman standing behind every "...angry white man." My mother and father were partners for life and til he was taken from us. Mom was pregnant with all of us at one time or another and still hauled grain bucketed water etc. This article speaks as though the ...angry white man. can make it on his own. That is a bunch of crap. I find it insulting to the women I know. Many strong women helped raise me and struggled along side "there man." Maybe I am missing the point, it just rubs me the wrong way. It borders on the 1960 nuclear family way of thinking. Unfortuately times have changed, it is whether we agree to change with them or be left behind. What about all those single mothers that the...angry white man.. walked out on. I will stop my rambling for I have said enough. If I am off base on this one, please help me understand what I missed. The article is one mans view. It doesn't represent this man.

SPOT ON OH BREEDER! Things change - the angry white man can get on board or stand around and p** and moan - I always find it amusing when the most entitled group in American cries discrimination - and on a slightly different topic I suspect that Mr Welch would have been more erudite had he not been dulled by all his excess formal education...

shorthorns r us

The great american angry white male does not abandon his family and they do not abandon him, even when he is only a shodow of his former self.  His kids are the ones that everyone wishes theirs acted like.  He is the one that stands-up for those facing injustice and what he believes in.  He is a leader in every booster club for the activities his kids take part in.  his wife bakes more cookies and hauls more other kids than any other mother.  surprisingly, he does laundry in the middle of the night when he goes to check the heifers, makes a mean pot of "something" that the kids tolerate and he loves and he reluctantly admits to knowing how to operate the vaccuum when the company will be there in 20 minutes.  when your chips are down, he is the one that you hope comes along because he helps change tires, buys you gas when your tank and wallet are empty, and will even give your family a bag of groceries.  The man that I am talking about isn't sexist or racist.  He is Andy Taylor, Cliff Huxtable and Charles Ingalls all rolled into one.  Few of these men exist anymore.  It's not an easy person to be.  If it were easy everyone would do it.  Yes they do tend to have a great woman along side.  Since like begets like, the great man and woman just know that greatness will follow them.

Jill

"It borders on the 1960 nuclear family way of thinking."  A few of the morals and principals from that way of thinking would go along way in improving today's society in this woman's opinion!

OH Breeder

Jill said:
"It borders on the 1960 nuclear family way of thinking."  A few of the morals and principals from that way of thinking would go along way in improving today's society in this woman's opinion!
Let me define that statement in my little world.It may not be yours, but- Women only work in the home and serve their husband with a cocktail and a drink when they arrive home from work. Susie dreams of being only a house wife and Billy wants to work in the factory and find that wife to serve him. Wife plays bridge and keeps house. Husband brings home the pay check. That is the 60's nuclear family.
Personally woman or man that way of thinking is not progressive at all. It does not show the great respect some of the very successful women I know today deserve. As SRU mentioned in his post, it should be a mutual partnership etc. To each their own, it is JMO.

Jill

Well that may have been how it was portrayed on TV, I was born in 1960 and I can tell you that is not how my house worked, or any of the families that I grew up around.  My parents both worked from as early as I can remember and they have always had a mutual partnership.  Children grew up with work ethic, morals and respect because that is how they were raised. 

Dusty

DL said:
OH Breeder said:

SPOT ON OH BREEDER! Things change - the angry white man can get on board or stand around and p** and moan - I always find it amusing when the most entitled group in American cries discrimination - and on a slightly different topic I suspect that Mr Welch would have been more erudite had he not been dulled by all his excess formal education...
You have got to be kidding me....."the most entitled group in America"?  That group's tax dollars bankroll the entitlement programs for the groups of people that have figured out it's easier to stand around and whine instead of just shutting up and going to work.  Things are changing...for the worse!!!  And the angry white man will be fighting that "change".

knabe

what train are we supposed to get on board and why do we have to get on board, don't we have a choice?  once again, choice comes up. why do all the choicers need subsidies too?

what's up with the subsidy race?  once again, you can't raise a bucket by standing in it.

getting on board is group think and suicide and leads to lack of diversity, which the diversity police claim they love.

the left also  says imagine a day without latino's, essentially illegal aliens for the sake of argument.

imagine a day without white males.  of course those who see that the y chromosome is mutating rapidly, we may not have them around much anymore anyway.  i guess with no one to complain about, the world will be a much happier place.

it's amazing the discrimination police selectively choose who can piss and moan.  one little peep from a white male and they are beside themselves.  it's pretty apparent to me lately, that entitlements are the stupidest thing ever created.  we want to replace white male entitlements with non-white male entitlements and legistlate that, instead of getting rid of them altogether and allowing competition to work.. of course the "loser" won't be happy with that either and will label those with all the entitlements as pissy and moany.  i'm thinking lately that the democrats would enact a 120% tax rate if they could. 

knabe

here's an interesting article about underrepresentation of women in tenure track positions.

http://www.american.com/archive/2008/march-april-magazine-contents/why-can2019t-a-woman-be-more-like-a-man

but there is no complaint about the underrepresentation of men at universities. 

question, when all the pissy men get on the train, and the number of men in tenure track positions goes under their representation in the population, will there be a reverse title IX movement by women to insure men are calibrated to represent the population in the classroom?  or will we just be entering another round of echo chamber reinforcement that takes years to undo?

is it correct that all postitions in all phases of the economy be representated by population demographics?  will parents then change their children to be to sort this out as politicians can not resist the ever ending cycle of preferred status?  which race will outproduce which, and is even this a "proper" representation of what is right?

who will make this decision, let alone will even raise the question?

kimbaljd

DL said:
OH Breeder said:

Can you explain to me how the angry white man is "the most entitled group in america?" I must be missing something!

knabe

i'll take a stab at this from a perspective of a black friend of mine who is on board with the white man entitled thing.

white man got europe going with slavery and colonialism (in his mind, without any help from islam or black people selling other blacks into slavery and benefitting from it themselves)
white man starting america, no suffrage for women, blacks, non-property owners etc.
assets consolidated to white man from indians as well.
set up tax system to not tax property
set up system to give advantage to white man when the west was opened up.
only white man could teach, especially at universities
only white man could go to school and study something besides music and the fine arts
white man set up laws to allow transfer of assets while non white man had trouble with that if they were lucky enough to accumulate anything at all
white man has more medical research on him than others, including woman
white man grudgingly gave right to vote to black man
white man grudgingly signed civil rights bill (actually republicans did this with johnson, and the democrats fought vigorously, think robert byrd and KKK)
white man is responsible for everything bad while extracting everything good for themselves
white man should be eliminated from face of the earth and browns take over what is rightfully theirs

the above are his thoughts, not mine

i have just one tiny comment.  why did blacks kick whites out of africa a long time ago.  it's probably because they were different.  nothing has changed except who is a protected class to charge racism and make it stick at the drop of a hat.  in spite of this, white man still succeeds.  everyone should succeed rather than taking the low road of lower return on investment of one's time with seeking reparations.  if one wants to play that game, i want at least half of africa.

remember, warren buffett, the richest white man benefits greatly from having a company which sells life insurance policies which are to protect against the death tax he benefits from, including purchasing those companies which don't have adequate insurance or a business plan to protect them so he buys them up under sale of assets to pay taxes.  he gets them from both sides, just like another rich white man, ross perot who made his fortune devising computer systems for the government.

knabe

here's a former angry white man changing his tune. bet you'll never guess who it is

Since leaving office I’ve written about public policy from a new perspective: outside looking in. I’ve come to realize that protecting freedom of choice in our everyday lives is essential to maintaining a healthy civil society.

Why do we think we are helping adult consumers by taking away their options? We don’t take away cars because we don’t like some people speeding. We allow state lotteries despite knowing some people are betting their grocery money. Everyone is exposed to economic risks of some kind. But we don’t operate mindlessly in trying to smooth out every theoretical wrinkle in life.

The nature of freedom of choice is that some people will misuse their responsibility and hurt themselves in the process. We should do our best to educate them, but without diminishing choice for everyone else.

george mcgovern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  he must have seen the guy from boston theyr, get me sum pizzer and beeh theh

knabe

forget angry white males.

here's an angry black male

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/03/13/video-obamas-pastor-takes-highly-nuanced-approach-to-racial-divisiveness/

this was obama's pastor, i think he retired in feb?

"jesus was a poor black man living in a country run by rich white romans."

caution, a couple racial epithets are used, which is ok, cause a rich white man didn't use it.

here's what the democrats are using your tax dollar for

Continuing the theme of duped borrowers, Sen. Chuck Schumer is crusading for more federally subsidized “mortgage counseling.” He wants $200 million more, in addition to the $180 million for “Housing Counseling Assistance” that he helped stick into the omnibus spending bill last year. A significant portion of that will go to government-approved counselors affiliated with left-wing activist groups such as La Raza and ACORN.

ACORN has just been accused of voter fraud again.  schumer, also digging for votes with your money.  this is SOFT money folks, no two ways about it.

Dusty

People like this pastor are destroying our country and what was meant to be.  He is doing his congregation no favors by preaching that crap to them.  The fact that Obama supports this man is frightening.  Obama being a member of this church is the equivalent of John McCain hanging out with the KKK on Sunday moring.  What would happen then?  There is enormous double standard in this country for what is considered rascism.  There may have been inequality in the past, there is none anymore.  The blacks need to shut up, get over it and get to work.  If you do nothing, expect to have nothing!!  They already have affirmitive action, that basically requires companies to give them a job.  What more they do they want?  That goes for anyone who thinks this country owe's them something. 

This country and god have blessed us with the freedom to make our lives whatever we want them to be.  Someone needs to tell these people that noone has ever whined their way to prosperity.  It is not the government's job to take care of it's citizens.  It is the citizen's job to take care of himself and his family.  The problem is people expect to make a good living working 40 hours a week.  40 hours is enough to survive.  I grew up being taught that it's what you do with the other 128 hours is what determines if you get ahead.  If you wanna goof off all day on the weekends, don't expect to get a head.  Every man of sound mind and body should be physically tired at the end of the day from working and being productive.  That's what we owe to a society that has given you the freedom to do that.

The problem with democracy is that people vote for whoever "gives" them the most.  Why didn't Ron Paul have any support?  Because he has the sense to know that it is not the government's place to give it's citizens anything other than the basic protections outlines in the constitution.  He didn't stand a chance.  People want "Change."  I hate to break it them, but Barack "The Magic Negro"(stole that quote from Rush) Obama will only make things worse in the long run.