The Angus bull Aberdeen.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Telos

I saw the ad on Aberdeen and was wondering if anyone is thinking about using him. Thought he looked intriguing and had great numbers too.

mp

I like him alot as well. I havent seen him in person but his picture reminds me of Legend.

bluffcountrycattle

Aberdeen is now a 2 year old bull...is he really not producing??  Anyone use him as a yearling and what are the early calf reports??

CAB

Aberdeen did freeze @ Hawkeye West Monday and they were going to jump him again Tuesday.

CAB

For any of you PPL interested in Aberdeen, he is in @ Hawkeye @ the Adel,Ia location. Saw him last night & he is very impressive.Hairy, big boned, topped, & butted.

cattlepimp

I saw him in denver two years ago and i thought he was the best angus bull on the hill! I ordered a few straws last year and tried to breed two cows to him but neither took, and since then ive heard alot of people had that problem, so hopefully he is producing higher quality semen so we can all see some calves out of him!

CAB

Page 243 of the march 09 issue of Show Circuit. Someone said that they look online @ the publication. Brent

clubcalve

He is producing because I have already bredsome cows for feb calves

bluffcountrycattle

Saw him at Hawkeye a couple weeks ago...the things I liked were his bone, pretty nice profile and decent fronted.  However, he was HUGE...easily a 7 plus frame bull, and just not stout enough relative to his frame in my opinion.  I thought he looked a little narrow and didn't have much shape to his lower quarter.  Unless you breed him to some very moderate clubby bred cows, I think he'll just make them a tad too big and hard doing.  Just my opinion though...

Cattledog

bluffcountrycattle said:
Saw him at Hawkeye a couple weeks ago...the things I liked were his bone, pretty nice profile and decent fronted.  However, he was HUGE...easily a 7 plus frame bull, and just not stout enough relative to his frame in my opinion.  I thought he looked a little narrow and didn't have much shape to his lower quarter.  Unless you breed him to some very moderate clubby bred cows, I think he'll just make them a tad too big and hard doing.  Just my opinion though...

Well...he gets it honest.  Lutton calves in general have a lot of size.  They have more size than I like and I like them a little bigger!

Eberth

There are quite a few calves on the ground this year at jorgensons in Nebraska this year that are pretty dang good. Give Calvin a call I'm sure he would be more than happy to discuss him with you.

TMJ Show Cattle

A very good friend of mine went to Nichols to pick up a bull,and he looked at all the bulls there and at Hawkeye. He is a club calf jock that knows cattle really well. Being from Wisconsin you can guess who that might be. He said flat out that ABERDEEN was the best bull at either location,period. Next in line was Sunseeker. In his humble respected opinion,he thought the best young bull that he has seen is WALK'S ALONE.