The Answer Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattledog

If you are talking about the Angus Answer bull I don't even think he has any calves on the ground right now.

ploughshare

Not sure which Jazz bull your are asking about.  I will assume the bulls are "The Answer" and "Jakes Proud Jazz."  I aslso assume you need a calving ease sire.   My opinion, Jake's Proud Jazz is the hands down choice regardless of cow.  The Answer looks good, but could also be the next dud.  I doubt that The Answer could sire the same hip and bone as Jazz, but I could be wrong.  No sense you proving a bull for the owners.  Go with the proven bull unless you need a black bull. 

Dave

We hope The Answer calves don't turn out to be duds. Semen sales have been good on him and he has been leased out to a fine home in Illinois. I guess its a wait and see on all new bulls. Thanks, Dave. DM Cattle

Cattledog

I am very interested to see what the Answer calves look like.  I love the phenotype of the bull.

BCCC

They are complelty different types of bulls. Are you going for just show calves, or show heifers to later become replacments? What kind of cows are you breeding? What breed do you want?

Hofstatter Farms

forbes family farms said:
Does the Final Answer bull produce nice club calves or does the Jazz bull produce better calves. For show calves. Thanks.

I don't know about the Answer calves, however all the Jazz calves we have had are all very maternal and good growers, but haven't had a show quality.

bluffcountrycattle

Digging up an older post here, but does anyone have any calves out of "The Answer" angus bull?  Any thoughts on calving ease and the quality of the calves??  Thanks!

kk

I think your talking about final answer maine i had a hiefer out of him won the maines at aksarben in 03 he is owned by carrousel farms and is a jazz although shes the only one i ever saw out of him and jazz another maine is alot more proven

bluffcountrycattle

No, there is a purebred angus bull called "The Answer" that I was inquiring about.  First calves due this spring.  He is at Cattle Visions.  Perhaps someone is getting some soon and can tell us more about them! 

kk

O i was responding to the original post but did see the answer bull you are refering to he was cool built and looked really functional i think first ones are due this spring

Dave

There will be The Answer calves on the NWSS simmental sale Jan. 17th.  They are 1/2 bloods. Pictures are in Livestock Plus.

racekannon

Jim Horsley had the first calves last spring he leased him as a yearling. I leased him as a long yearling and have fall calves on the ground now, I had one at the North American on the side of a Senior Yearling Chi.  I sold most of the heifers he bred  and the reports have been excellent.  I  swapped bulls midway and he ran with the cows, I have some real nice Octobers and the Chi baby gets better everyday.  He puts a front. hair, maintains bone and a look to them.  He is definitely calving ease and the calves are very vigorous, I am going to use him in my hiefer breeding programs this spring.  Jay at Nichols put up the semen and as always with Nichols the quality is excellent.  The same as his sire the gestation length is short.  I will be using him alot more.