The Best Heat Wave son

Help Support Steer Planet:

showcattlegal

I'm trying to find a really good son of Heat Wave to use. I don't want to use him because of birth weights. I have seen some good rock star calves this fall. Has anybody used him or seen him in person?

Thanks for the help
Lacey

gocalves

I would like see him in person some time. I've been wondering also.  ???

red

You know me Lacey, I love my Cherry Bomb calves. Our birth weights have all been in the mid 80's with him. You just need to remember that when using Heat Wave, Cherry Bomb or others that you are looking at possible TH carriers.
I really haven't seen to many Rock Star calves, although I believe a red roan steer out of him won our county fair last year. He was a real meat wagon.

Good luck,
Red

RSC

showcattlegal said:
I'm trying to find a really good son of Heat Wave to use. I don't want to use him because of birth weights. I have seen some good rock star calves this fall. Has anybody used him or seen him in person?

Thanks for the help
Lacey

Rockstar is one of my favorite Heatwave sons.  We displayed a bull in Denver the same year he was on display.  Very complete bull from end to end.  I don't think you heard as much about him when his first crop hit the ground because with the lower bwt's he throws the Rock Star calves come on later.  The heifers look impressive to me.  A close friend had really good luck showing a rockstar heifer last year and a second rockstar calf they showed as well just calved to a calving ease Char and the Heifer has an awesome udder.  The picture is of the rockstar/char heifer calf.  Odd color but a very nice calf for a heifer!

Carnac is another that on the right cows could be a homerun.  I have a couple ET calves coming out of a char and will let you know later on how they turned out.  I live close to where he was raised and their have been alot of good full sibs.  With that consistency in his bloodlines he should do good on the right cow.

Thanks,
RSC

Attachments

• Strawberry Shortcake 008.jpg
    Strawberry Shortcake 008.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 757