The clock is ticking....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

This might be a bit heavy, but....
You life clock is ticking and it isn't slowing down.....what is ONE thing that you always wanted to do but haven't done? And why have you not done it? (And don't use the money excuse!!)  :p

Me? Go to Alaska and go trout fishing. Haven't done it YET, due to other things on my list I am checking off!! But I promise you, I WILL go!!!! ;)

shorthorns r us

i would LOVE to farm for a living. my family would croak. i am the first in my family to have gone to college. not many full-time farmers with a masters in taxation, a CPA license and a stock broker license but i'd love to try.

OH Breeder

Just and FYI, I had this experience just a year and half ago. My life did tick right before my eyes. It is not a fun place to be at when you do'nt know if you are going to be alive the next day or so. My advice- Live everyday to the fulllest because you truley NEVER know when your time is up.
I am doing pretty much everything I want to do these days within reason...

pigguy

i would like to be able to show a heifer at the denver stock show but i dont know were to start

the angus111

sw ks pig guy, start by buying you a heifer,if you are new to this ,work your way up and show at the small local shows.ask questions,learn to feed right first(WHICH I AM STILL LEARNING)and my opinion dont spend a lot on your first one.Rusty

Telos

Show Heifer, don't know if you could top fishing for trout in Alaska. That sounds like a lot of fun! As a kid growing up in Oklahoma, someone gave me a fly rod and reel. I would practice many times to see how far in could throw the line out, but never actually used it to fish.  I remember it was very calming and probably therapeutic.

Ohio Breeder, sometimes it takes coming so close to death, to make us realize how to we want to continue living and what we really value.

red

I always wanted to go to Australia. Doubt if I'll ever make it since I hate to fly.

Also to go a whole day without any pain & no pain pills would be something I'd settle for now!

Red

can I add my corgi? (dog)

pigguy

the angus111 said:
sw ks pig guy, start by buying you a heifer,if you are new to this ,work your way up and show at the small local shows.ask questions,learn to feed right first(WHICH I AM STILL LEARNING)and my opinion dont spend a lot on your first one.Rusty
i have been showing cattle for 3 years now. and i have been showing pigs since i was 9. and i have found a ration that works great