The Good 80

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

What are PPL's thoughts on this bull? He is a full sib in blood to I-80. Dam's are full sisters. I saw him up @ Nichols a week ago & thought he looked good. Maybe more readily available than I-80 has been at a better price.

CAB

Goddard Cattle Co., & Holiday Farms own him. There is a picture of him in the last issue of The Show Circuit, page # 293. Call Garrett Kalvig for more info.

bluffcountrycattle

CAB...we saw him too about 10 days ago in stud.  I thought he was OK, but didn't hit me as hard as some of the others.  Did you get to Hawkeye too?  I liked the maine bull Drive on Driver pretty well.  I Believe and Friskey Whiskey were very nice as well.  Guess it depends on what you're looking for, and what will work best on your cows.

CAB

Of the bulls that I have seen this spring I like Ready to Rumble, I Believe, & Sky Fall the best. I have been told that Steam Roller is coming on and getting better. I liked Sojka's bull Summit better than any of this year's new bulls. He was in Hawkeye earlier this spring. For the PB bulls that I have seen I like Combustible for SM and I think the Angus bull Journey is one of the better ones that I have seen for quite some time.

Telos

CAB- I believe Ready To Rumble offers the most power of the group and is one of my favorite new bulls. My concerns with him would be that he could easily sire an over cooked calf on a tighter wound cow. From a genetic standpoint, (out of a Nagel cow that really looks super on paper) he is going to add a lot of power and dimension but will need to be used on a looser, flatter boned, cushier made momma.  I think he has very good potential to knock some great calves out of the ball park. JMO.