The good old days

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

This was posted on one of the other boards awhile back, but I also got it as an email from a friend, thought it was fun, so I will recycle it here!

TIMES HAVE CHANGED!!!!

This would be really funny, except that it is reality today. The liberals have done this country proud!  This says a lot...!!

Scenario A:    Jack pulls into school parking lot with rifle in his gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, takes a look at Jack 's rifle, then goes to his car and gets his rifle out to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lockdown, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail, and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

================================================================================
Scenario B:    Johnny punched Mark and then the two of them get into a fist fight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled---even though Johnny started it.

================================================================================
Scenario C:    Jeffrey won't sit still in class, often disrupts other students.

1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by Principal.  Sits still in class.

2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. School gets extra money from the State because Jeffrey has a learning disability.
Scenario D:    Billy breaks a window in his father's car, and his Dad gives him a good whipping.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Billy's sister is told by state psychologist that now she remembers also being abused by the father, so their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with the family psychologist.

Scenario E:    Mark gets a headache and takes some headache medicine to school.

1957 - Mark's headache gets better and then goes away.

2007 - School goes into lockdown. Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario F:    Mary turns up pregnant.

1957 - Five high school Boys leave town. Mary does her senior year at a special school for expectant mothers.

2007 - Middle School Counselor calls Planned Parenthood, who notifies the ACLU. Mary is driven to the next State over and gets an abortion,
without her parent's consent or knowledge. Mary is given condoms and told to "be more careful next time".

Scenario G:    Pedro fails in high school English.

1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, and then goes on to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by the State Democratic party. Newspaper articles appear nationally, explaining that teaching English as a
requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class-action lawsuit against the State school system and Pedro's English teacher.  The class of English is banned from the core curriculum. Pedro is given a diploma anyway, but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he can't read or speak English.

Scenario H:    Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, and blows up a red ant hill.

1957 - Lots of ants die.

2007 - ATF, Homeland Security, and FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from the home, computers are confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly on an airplane again.

Scenario I:    Johnny falls down, while running during recess, and scrapes his knee.  He is found crying by his teacher, Mary.  Mary hugs him, to comfort him..

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in the State Prison.

red

Kind of sad that it's so true. Think back on all the things we did as kids & how it would be percieved now. I can remember guys having their hunting rifles in the back windows of their pickups in the school parking lot because they were going rabbit hunting after school. Now, the whole police force would be there & a school lockdown!

Red

cowz

This struck a chord with me because last year our kids school did a sweep on the kid's vehicles at school. (Total high school enrollment = 90)

Well, they found the one kid with the doobies in his glove box, but they also found 3 22 rifles and 25 air soft pistols in everyone else's vehicles.  It was rumored that the baseball coach had to make a quick trip back home because he forgot something under his seat!  No more rabbit hunting and target practice on the way home from school.!  I still have to make sure that pocket knives stay out of the pockets on school days! ;D

red

The pocket knife brought back a memory Cowz. When I was in sales, I had to pick up my boss from an airport. This was way before 9/11. I  was to meet him at the gate & while I was standing there I realized I was carrying a pocket knife. At the time we laughed about it. Can you imagine what would have happened to me today if that would have happened? :)))

Red

cowz

Now you made me grin.  I remember picking up someone at the airport, yes pre 9-11, I had a nice ranger style buckle set on.........and a great pocket knife in my purse.  I set off the alarms and of course all the city people stare at you as you whip off the belt and surrender your knife out of that lady like purse!!!
:)))

red

This is another good one, provided by Gypsy.

This is pretty cute.  It makes me feel old!

-----Those Born 1930-1979
READ TO THE BOTTOM FOR QUOTE OF THE MONTH BY JAY LENO.  IF YOU DON'T READ ANYTHING ELSE---VERY WELL STATED

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank Kool-aid made with sugar, but we weren't overweight because,
WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day.  And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computer! s, no Internet or chat rooms.......
WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of.  They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.
We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

If YOU are one of them.CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good.
While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave (and lucky) their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:
"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and delete this.
For the rest of us...pass this on.

"To love and admire anything outside yourself if to take one step to spiritual ruin; though we shall not be well as long as we love and admire anything more than we love and admire God."
CS Lewis