The Main Man

Help Support Steer Planet:

crzyrocknT

Wondering if anyone has used him, and what your opinions are on him and his calves?  Thinking about breeding a couble crossbred cows that are TH carriers to him.

HGC

We had 3 of them last year, 2 of them were out of TH cows.  I didn't re-order.  There body shape was to much like old limi's; tubey, high flanked, round rumped, and to tall for the amount of body they had.  I was really disappointed, they were all out of good cows.  You definitely won't get a competitive show steer out of him.

showsteerdlux

HGC said:
We had 3 of them last year, 2 of them were out of TH cows.  I didn't re-order.  There body shape was to much like old limi's; tubey, high flanked, round rumped, and to tall for the amount of body they had.  I was really disappointed, they were all out of good cows.  You definitely won't get a competitive show steer out of him.
What kind of cows were the calves out of? Did he take away guts or just not add?

HGC

showsteernc said:
HGC said:
What kind of cows were the calves out of? Did he take away guts or just not add?
Heat Wave X Habanero (TH Carrier) really moderate big bellied.  Tallest, shallowest bodied calf she had ever had.  Her I80 calf the year before was huge bellied.
Lead On (char) X Heat Seeker (TH Carrier) again really moderate and big bellied.  This was her second calf - tall, shallow - he's in the feedlot - her 1st calf by our clean up bull was twice as good.
Habanero X Angus (clean) - average bodied cow.  This calf actually had the most guts, but certainly not a belly dragger.  Her I80 calf the year before was better.

He did put a long clean neck in them, and he did add power  ;) but round rumped.  I80 is 10X the bull.