The Punisher, Money Shot, & Red Hot

Help Support Steer Planet:

CJC

Which of these Heat Seeker sons do you like the best and why. If you have pic of calves that would be great. I know that 2 out of 3 are THC.

Dusty

Never been a fan of red hot.  The punisher could be pretty good to use on dirty cows.  I've seen some good money shots.  The ones I've seen could have used more middle.

Ryan

FWIW.... A close friend of mine saw The Punisher in person. Didn't much of anything about him except that he wasn't impressed.

Ryan

jbw

just use heatseeker!!!!  there is a plug for jbh <party> <party> <party>

CJC

jbw said:

I'm thinking about it; If he's not to high. The reason I'm using him or a son as a alternative is; I have a very nice little heifer out of my neighbors Heat Seeker son. So i want to bred her mommy back to Heat Seeker or a son. If I get the same results or close to it I will flush her too Heat Seeker or a son and use the embryos in our other cows. Does this make sense or is it stupid.

Dusty

CJC said:
jbw said:

I'm thinking about it; If he's not to high. The reason I'm using him or a son as a alternative is; I have a very nice little heifer out of my neighbors Heat Seeker son. So i want to bred her to Heat Seeker or a son. If I get the same results or close to it I will flush her too Heat Seeker or a son and use the embryos in our other cows. Does this make sense or is it stupid.

I don't know that I would stack Heatseeker genetics.  Try using a full flush son or even a char bull and hope the calf pulls the heatseeker hair gene from momma.

jbw

I think he's talking about breeding the mother back to h.s. or a son since h.s. genetics have already worked on her.Money shots that I have seen are good if used on a larger female. I still use HS it works for me.

CJC

I'm thinking about it; If he's not to high. The reason I'm using him or a son as a alternative is; I have a very nice little heifer out of my neighbors Heat Seeker son. So i want to bred her mommy back to Heat Seeker or a son. If I get the same results or close to it I will flush her too Heat Seeker or a son and use the embryos in our other cows. Does this make sense or is it stupid.

I don't know that I would stack Heatseeker genetics.  Try using a full flush son or even a char bull and hope the calf pulls the heatseeker hair gene from momma.

Dusty I messed up. It's the little heifers mommy that i want to bred back to Heat Seeker or a son and see if I get the same results or close to it

CJC

Dusty said:
CJC said:
How much is Heat Seeker semen now?

If she has a good front I would try sunseeker.

She's really nice cow. I will get a picture of her and the calf some time this week. The cow was Grand Champion at our FFA show last year. She was 15 months at show time and beat a heifer w/ calf at side. First time in school history that that had happened. She's easy keeping. She looks the same now w/ calf at side as the day they showed her.

red

I've seen some pretty good calves from Sun Seeker. Remember he is out of Wilson.

Red

OH Breeder

What is the breeding on the cow? Did I miss that?

Seems like Heat Seeker clicks well with Who. The Flush Heat seekers I have seen were liittle nutz.

CJC

OH Breeder said:
What is the breeding on the cow? Did I miss that?

Seems like Heat Seeker clicks well with Who. The Flush Heat seekers I have seen were little nuts.

No OB you didn't miss the blood line on the cow. She is 1/2 Char, 1/8 Brahman, 1/8 Simmy, and 1/4 Other. The calf she had is out of a Heat Seeker son. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a picture of the cow and calf and post it.

CJC

Here's the pictures. The pictures aren't great. So naturally they don't do justice for the calf. Try for a better one tomorrow when I catch her and 3 others. I've had about 6 people look at her and they have all like her a lot. She is only a month old.

Attachments

• aves pics 2 086.JPG
    aves pics 2 086.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 138
  • aves pics 2 083.JPG
    aves pics 2 083.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 137
  • aves pics 2 081.JPG
    aves pics 2 081.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 137
  • aves pics 2 082.JPG
    aves pics 2 082.JPG