The Summit 3 Speckle Park sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

thunderdownunder

Is anyone planning on heading to The Summit 3 Speckle Park sale? There look to be some really good cattle on offer there.  (thumbsup)
I really liked the lot 24 bull when I visited Codiak Acres, and the lot 6 cow was one of my favourites.
Lot 9 looks like an awesome opportunity.  ;D

Catalogue is online at http://summit3sale.com/genetics.html

Okotoks

I can't go that day! It's the annual meeting for Canadian Livestock Records Corp ???

bellaspur

Summit 3 Sale increases average by $1,035

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada – The Summit 3 Speckle Park Sale proved again that it is the place to go for the best genetics in the breed.

Consignors Codiak Acres (Ardrossan, Alberta) and River Hill Farm (Neilburg, Saskatchewan), along with guest consignors Wattle Grove Cattle and Clark Speckle Parks, offered a tremendous set of cattle and genetics for bidders from eight Canadian provinces, six American states, Australia, England, Ireland and New Zealand.

More than 500 spectators gathered along with the 170 online viewers to take in the 2nd annual Summit 3 Sale at Northland’s Edmonton Expo Centre on March 31, 2012.

River Hill Yniquewa 6Y (Lot 38) was the high seller at $12,500 to Dave Reid of Onoway, AB. The high selling bull was River Hill Yager 99Y (Lot 12) at $12,000, purchased by fellow consignor Codiak Acres of Ardrossan, Alberta. Semen from River Hill Walker, Notta Frontline and River Hill Traffic Jam commanded a strong price of $150/straw. Andy Clark offered a flush on Codiak Ollie, the high-selling lot from the 2011 sale, which was purchased by River Hill Farm for $6,250. Several buyers supported the sale in volume: Sunrise Ranch (Westlock, AB), Wattle Grove Cattle (Australia) and Clarence & Cindy Beeching (Coronation, AB).

The sale grossed $193,375 on 35 lots to average $5,525. The breakdown was as follows:

17 bulls averaged $5,160
8 heifers averaged $9,000
1 flushes averaged $6,250
17 embryos averaged $1,080/embryo
70 straws semen $126/straw

Complete results can be found shortly at www.summit3sale.com.