The Weather

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Well its snowing in Colorado again. Not complaining just saying. The mountains have been hammered which is great for summer irrigation and skiing at Denver time!! It is somewhat like last year except this year we are measuring in inches and not feet. Been cold too. Whats it like where you are and please tell us where that is.

pigguy

I went out to start the truck and it wasnt snowing, I come back inside nd wait about 5 minutes, and go back outside and there is a ton of snow on the gorund :'( i hate snow

showsteerdlux

Its a nice sunny day here in NC. For the past few days its been in the fifties. Had a dusting of snow yesterday then it reached almost sixty degrees same afternoon.

red

It's wet here. About 37 & just damp. We had a light coating of ice this morning but it melted quickly. You can keep your snow!!

Red

shortyjock89

About the same here in East Central IL...kinda drizzle-ish and wet...high 30's..not a huge fan of it, but I like it better than 10's and white out. 

justintime

I'm in Saskatchewan, directly north of theND/ Montana state line, 30 miles from the US- Canada border. The temps have been around 25 to 30 degrees F here the past few days. It has been cloudy and light snow off and on but we still have very little snow on the ground. There is much more as you go north from here. So far, it has been a " reasonable " winter here. It was very cold for over two weeks in early December but the long range forecast shows very moderate temps here for the next two weeks. I don't mind winter like this, in fact I like it when it doesn't melt so that everything stays frozen and anything that falls from the sky comes as snow rather than rain. I hate icy roads,mud, and constant cloudy days. I would much rather have a winter with snow, moderate temps just below freezing, and sunny days.

AAOK

It's absolutely beautiful in south central Oklahoma.  We had a surprise (not in the forecast) snow yesterday all day long.  We ended up with right at 2 inches.  The temperature has been hovering around 34 -36 for two days, and not much has melted.  Just GREAT!! 

farmboy

im with aaok, i like coldness  ;D id rather be in 20 degree snow then 95 degree sun anyday, and of course snow can get you out of school 2  :)

Rocky Hill Simmental

In Southeast Missouri it's rained all December, except once when it snowed. There's a place in the pasture where the mud comes past your knees. There's mud everywhere! It rained yesterday too. I've been wanting to bring some heifers to the bull since Thanksgiving but it's been raining too much and it never freezes hard enough to drive on. We've been pushing round bales to the cows because we can't drive down there.

Too bad the rain didn't come in the summer!  (lol)

Other than that the weather's been great. At least it's not cold here yet.

Jill

At the present time it is sleeting again, we are supposed to get 2-4 inches of new snow tonight (got about 2 yesterday) I'm ready for spring, I don't like the cold at all.  In case anyone was wondering I'm also ready for the kids to go back to school  :-*

SKF

Here in South Florida we are very hot. It was about 85 today I know yesterday we were the national high. It feels like summer so it was hard to get into the holiday mood. The steers of course are miserable becasue they have their winter coats and no winter. We are supose to get a cold front next week!!!. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes!! I love cold weather during the holidays.

cattlejunky

We have a nice rain coming down in West Cemtral Indiana.  35 degrees.  I hate that everything is muddy, but we need the rain since we were so dry this summer.
Seems like a good day to take a nap!

Jill

SKF said:
Here in South Florida we are very hot. It was about 85 today I know yesterday we were the national high. It feels like summer so it was hard to get into the holiday mood. The steers of course are miserable becasue they have their winter coats and no winter. We are supose to get a cold front next week!!!. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it comes!! I love cold weather during the holidays.
So when you say a cold front, just curious, what will the temps be then in your area?

justme

4" already at 10:00a.m. this morning and still more snow coming down. :'(  I just don't do well in the cold.  I'm with you Jill...is Christmas break almost over???  Why is it kids can't just say a name, why does one syllable have to be yelled? ???

SKF

Jill said:
SKF said:
So when you say a cold front, just curious, what will the temps be then in your area?

They say that it should get down to the 60's during the day and it may be in the 40's at night but that will only last a few days. I am just so excited to see any kind of cold weather!!!

frostback

When I woke up this morning it was 2 with about 6-8 fresh inches of snow. I would take a 40 during the day right about now. I need to wash the heifer but the hydrant was froze this morning. Supposed to get over freezing on Sunday so may have to do it then.