Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.....

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Why is it the more successful someone becomes the more people know them, but the less people they know???

Why is it the second story you hear about something, you assume is wrong?

A winner is a cheater, but a loser never cheats?

Meteor showers only fall on the night that clouds cover the sky?

You have to have the volume up high on the TV to hear it, yet a spider on carpet can wake you up?

Some people develope a talent, while others have a talent develope them?

A sucker is born every minute, but we all think we are brainsurgeons? (HEHEHE)

Why is good enough, never good enough for anyone?

knabe

reading level of newspaper and television 5th and 6th grade, and no the below is not a statement about the iraqi war, just the news.

best example, an iraqi women was photographed the other day holding up two unspent 7.62 cartridges on yahoo claiming they had been used to destroy her house.  i asked an employee if he saw anything wrong with the picture.  he said no.  i told him that when you use a bullet, the bullet comes out of the cartridge after being propelled by gunpowder, which is contained within the cartridge and sits on top of a primer which is penetrated by a firing pin to ignite the powder, which, produces a pressure differential, which propels the bullet out the barrel. he said, oh, so the cartridge comes out the side when they shoot a gun and the little bullet thing is what comes out the barrel?  :-\ ??? :'( :mad:

Attachments

• bullet.png
    bullet.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 822

garybob

How many empty shell casings were there? Seems like there'd be plenty of those lying around, too. Did she pick any of those up, too?

Cowboy

ah -- "DUH" Good grief Knabe, do you suppose that the fella in the article COULD be one of the people sited in the statement released recently by the government saying --

"Approximately 98 % of today's world population are no longer able to survive without the vast infrastructure known as Wallmart and grocery stores"

What would that poor pathetic individual do if there was a sudden invasion on our soil??? Throw rocks hoping they would explode! The lady?? in the picture is obviously trying to GOUGE another few thousand bucks from the US service people, siting horrendous damages from our uninvoked assualt! BUNK  :eek:

So goes the world I guess -- but really -- how pathetic is the statement from the fella inthe article - the little bullet thingy goes out the end and the case comes out the side????? DDUUHHHHHH!

hehehehehehe ;D

Terry

justintime

I had occasion to speak with a man who had spent a substantial part of his life as a signifigant government bureaucrat.(. ie : one of those guys who makes decisions that are supposed to help us but usually result in a bunch of red tape and lots of spinning of wheels). We were in a discussion about agriculture and the beef industry in general. He stated that he was concerned that there was some research that suggested that people who ate beef more than 3 times a week had a higher chance of dying from cancer. ( he was suggesting that beef consumption could be linked to many cancers).  After listening to him spout off his unfounded claims I asked  him what he thought about carrots being a cancer causing food?  When he asked what made me think that carrots could cause cancer, I told him that I had seen research that showed that over 99% of people who died from cancer ate carrots on a regular basis.  Seemed to me to be a valid case to ban the consumption of carrots as it made about as much sense as what he was saying about eating beef.

Cowboy

Hey JIT -- if you really look at that with an open mind?? -- that carrot will eventually somewhat resemble one of those bullet thingy's!!!! I can see it now -- cancer causing projectiles flying thru the air after being released from super rubber band clad tree branches, all the while giving off unknown numbers of cancer pathogens just before being firmly stuck in the duff's of all government agents!!! Now THAT is a picture worth a million words!

What would we have to call that shell casing??????  "GREENS" hehehehehe

I'll take my chances of dying 10 minutes sooner than the vegitarians and eat beef 5 times week -- I feel braver than normal this week any way!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Terry

ELBEE

And to think all this time I've enjoyed carrots slow cooked in with the potroast. Talk about double whammy! Are the onions O.K.?

DL

Onions might kill your dog, but if cooked plain without beef or carrots they should be OK - at least today they are OK - could change tomorrow!

JbarL

you can get anything on ebay right.......chutes/gates/tractors/cows/combines/skidders.....look up manure spreaders...then farm manure spreaders.......
....looks like there really is to much  bullsh_ _   out there folks....... (lol) and the cowboys and cowgirls have all of em  (lol) .....  and the only thing left to srpead it with is for our kids though   :(  ......jbarl....things that make you go hummmmmmmmm?

JbarL

Cowboy said:
Hey JIT -- if you really look at that with an open mind?? -- that carrot will eventually somewhat resemble one of those bullet thingy's!!!! I can see it now -- cancer causing projectiles flying thru the air after being released from super rubber band clad tree branches, all the while giving off unknown numbers of cancer pathogens just before being firmly stuck in the duff's of all government agents!!! Now THAT is a picture worth a million words!

What would we have to call that shell casing??????   "GREENS" hehehehehe

I'll take my chances of dying 10 minutes sooner than the vegitarians and eat beef 5 times week -- I feel braver than normal this week any way!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Terry
actually vegetarian...is a native amercian word...................it means  " bad hunter" 
jbarl

Telos

I made some progress last month with two vegetarian customers who eat regularly in the restaurant. They are now eating meat.

common sense

Why is it that I have to go take a test every year to enable me to kill weeds and insects, sign my life away when buying spray and have to jump through hoops to dispose of chemicals but yet it's o.k. to allow crop dusters to fly inches over our highways and homes on a semi-windy day spewing toxic chemical over everything including my car and my patio?  ???  Shouldn't I at least have a choice if I want to die of cancer?

Show Heifer

I have to have a CDL to drive a truck and trailer over 100 miles from my farm (even if it is my own stock) and yet ANYONE (include those retirees) can drive a 36 foot RV towing a car behind it without any special training or licence????

AAOK

Show Heifer said:
Why is good enough, never good enough for anyone?

In my line of business, we use this line all the time.  It's called Continuous Improvement.

Show Heifer

ANY trailer that hitches to a truck.....a bumper hitch or gooseneck, does not matter. You are allowed 100 miles to go to "market", but that is it. So if you go to a show 110 miles away, you are SOL. Now, granted, some DOT folks are pretty leinent, but....have heard of them having a bad day, and WHAM, HUGE fine and a total truck and trailer inspection!!!
I drive a 3/4 t truck and have a 20 foot gooseneck, and hold my breath every time I travel!!

ROAD WARRIOR

OK - short course on US DOT rules and regulations (Federal)
    If you are over 125 air miles from home and the GVW of your truck and trailer exceed 26,000 pounds you are considered a commercial driver and you must have -        
 A) Commercial Drivers Liscence (CDL)
 B) Current medical card
 C) Drug test (you are also subject to random tests by the DOT)
 D) Log book
 E) US DOT numbers displayed on your vehicle
 F) Annual inspection stickers on both truck and trailer
 G) Fire extinguisher
 H) Flares
 I)  fuses
 J)  A tremendous amount of patients if you run into the DOT officer right out of the training program.
Total cost if you get caught without the above by the officer above - about $800.00. $450.00 in fines and about $350.00 to get legal to haul your own cattle to your favorite show.

stick

one thing that makes me go hmmmmm,
How a lot of those January and February calves mysteriously become Aprils and Mays around Labor Day

Show Heifer

I am in Iowa.  And I was told by not only the "really nice DOT guy", but the drivers licence office (which talk about RUDE people), that ANY TIME a truck is pulling any type of trailer (campers don't count) then you have to have a CDL. Not the semitruck type, but the basic CDL. Regardless of weight, or length.
Road Warrior, what state are you from? And can you answer the question of why I have to get a CDL, but a 75 year old woman can walk into a 36 foot RV and pull a car behind her without anything??????