Things to thank a Canadian for...

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

OK, thank you & very glad to have you next to us & proud to call you neighbor. We'll forgive your burning of the Whitehouse.
Here's one that you hockey loving folks owe thanks to us for, The Zamboni, 1949.
Here's one that I wish you would have beat us to, the credit card, 1950.

justintime

mark tenenbaum said:
Im sure it must have been awhile back-but Ill bet a Canadian invented the snow shovel O0

When I was looking over a list of Canadian inventions, I did notice that it listed " frozen fish" as a Canadian invention... haha... Go figure??? And another invention it listed was the snow plow... I can hardly believe these!

Okotoks

frostback said:
NICKELBACK..... for the younger ones.
I was sure you were going to put Smarties and O'Henry Chocolate Bars (lol)

frostback

Your right,,, Canadian Chocolate bars are way better. I still have a few in my stash, keeping for dire circumstances. If the kids lives are in danger I go down stairs. Kinda like Mountain Dew.

Shorthorns4us

I am going to go backwards a few posts and ask-- Why would we want Quebec?  JIT mentioned that they bleed you dry and whine about secession if they don't get their way-- do you really think we need anything else bleeding us dry down here???
Have you looked at the state of affairs down here-- budget deficits, people who can work but choose to use "the Net"-- Mitt's term,  the array of Republican candidates we have to choose from this time.......
Our heartache goes on.
P.S.  some of my comments are tongue and cheek.
EF

justintime

Oh there were a few things I forgot that Canada has provided the world... such as :  insulin, wonderbra, Robertson screw driver, alkaline battery, Blackberry, caulking gun, self propelled combine, music synthesizer,instant replay for sporting events  as well as Jim Carey, Dan Aykroyd, Bare Naked Ladies, Mike Myers, Rick Morinas, Michael J Fox, Anne Murray, Alanis Morriesette, Bryan Adams, Celene Dion, Paul Anka, Justin Bieber, Lorne Green, Monty Hall, Art Linkletter ( a good Saskatchewan boy), margot Kidder, Michael Buble',  Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Shannon Tweed ( a good Saskatchewan girl) , Christopher Plummer, Jason Priestley, Keanu Reeves, Glenn Ford, John Vernon and William Shatner ... just to name a few. Oh... how did I forget Pamela Anderson! And a few others.... Raymond Burr,Alex Trebek, Terri Clark, Cindy Church, Diana Kroll,Sarah McLachlan, Gordon Lightfoot, Leonard Cohen, Avril Lavigne, Neil Young, The Guess Who, Stampeders, Rush, Trooper, Bachman - Turner Overdrive, April Wine, Tragically Hip, Joni Mitchell ( I lived in the house that she grew up in when I was in college ).Oh good grief... I forgot one of the most famous... Scot Muri! And the list goes on and on...

BTW... we are willing to do a swap for Justin Bieber.... taking offers! Trade must be worth at least $5.00

thunderdownunder

frostback said:
Your right,,, Canadian Chocolate bars are way better. I still have a few in my stash, keeping for dire circumstances. If the kids lives are in danger I go down stairs. Kinda like Mountain Dew.

I can never look at Mountain Dew the same again... it scares me!  ;)

justintime said:
BTW... we are willing to do a swap for Justin Bieber.... taking offers! Trade must be worth at least $5.00

I don't think the world will EVER forgive Canada for Justin Bieber. Any chance you can just drop him in a frozen lake or something? Or feed him to the bears?

Shady Lane

justintime said:
Oh there were a few things I forgot that Canada has provided the world... such as :  insulin, wonderbra, Robertson screw driver, alkaline battery, Blackberry, caulking gun, self propelled combine, music synthesizer,instant replay for sporting events  as well as Jim Carey, Dan Aykroyd, Bare Naked Ladies, Mike Myers, Rick Morinas, Michael J Fox, Anne Murray, Alanis Morriesette, Bryan Adams, Celene Dion, Paul Anka, Justin Bieber, Lorne Green, Monty Hall, Art Linkletter ( a good Saskatchewan boy), margot Kidder, Michael Buble',  Donald Sutherland, Kiefer Sutherland, Shannon Tweed ( a good Saskatchewan girl) , Christopher Plummer, Jason Priestley, Keanu Reeves, Glenn Ford, John Vernon and William Shatner ... just to name a few. Oh... how did I forget Pamela Anderson! And a few others.... Raymond Burr,Alex Trebek, Terri Clark, Cindy Church, Diana Kroll,Sarah McLachlan, Gordon Lightfoot, Leonard Cohen, Avril Lavigne, Neil Young, The Guess Who, Stampeders, Rush, Trooper, Bachman - Turner Overdrive, April Wine, Tragically Hip, Joni Mitchell ( I lived in the house that she grew up in when I was in college ).Oh good grief... I forgot one of the most famous... Scot Muri! And the list goes on and on...

All excellent choices and very Notable Canadians!

But clearly the most prominent of them all as you stated would be Scot Muri.

Charo

I'm sure you mean "double sens" like we say in french here in Quebec!

thunderdownunder