Things vets gotta love to hear...

Help Support Steer Planet:

stick

The auctioneer said they were guaranteed open

but the ad said bred to easy calving bulls

the calf from her last c-section made it

the new grass sure makes em loose, doesn't it?

you got a count on em didn't you?

Say Doc, as long as your out here...

oops

Sorry Doc, that old box won't fit on your new truck

You mean I was supposed to take that stitch out?

justintime

I saw that the old girl was starting to calve yesterday morning, but by midnight I came to the conclusion that she just wasn't going to have it by herself.

I noticed her breathing heavy a few ago, but we have been so busy getting ready to go to the lake and all.......

justintime

I debated calling you, as the last bill I got was pretty high and I wasn't sure if this one was worth you looking at
( NOTE- it is OK to THINK this..... it usually is worse to SAY this!!)

justintime

Someday I am going to have to break down and buy me a chute. Do you think you could preg test them if we run them into the corner and I slide this panel up beside them?

common sense

"I called my vet but he doesn't want to get out of bed so can you come out and pull a calf?"

"This sow had two pigs a couple of days ago and she's still straining!"

red

I gave her what I had in my medicine cabnet but the label was torn off. I think it was an antibiotic. Can you tell by the bottle?

Red

ROAD WARRIOR

If you have a dart gun you better bring it. 
I sure hope that bale string holds!
Really Doc, she has never acted like that before.
Hope you brought your tall boots.
Don't give her anything with a withdrawl unless you think it will save her.
She's been sick for a couple of weeks but I didn't think she was weak enough to catch until now.

shorthorns r us

better bring that young fella with you this time.  he's faster than either of us, ya know. 

ride here in the back of the truck and just tie off to the headache rack; that pasture ain't too bumpy.

if we catch her, you got a trailer i can borrow to haul her in.  i'd be surprised if she makes it.

watch out for that billy goat (or ram sheep) he can be a little ornery.  LOOK OUT!

something i always hated to hear form the vet -- that oughta either kill it or cure it.

stick

We figured we better call You when Jim tried to pull the calf with the four wheeler and just drug the cow around the lot

When they bloat do they blow up on the left side or the right?

She's across the ditch out in the south 40, and it looks like shes got an awful lot of cleaning hanging out

I'll be gone, but she's tame. You can handle her yourself can't you?

Did you bring an extra bottle of what I just dropped along?

SWMO

I know it's pouring rain but I've a cow down with Grass Tetany(first one in 20 years) she's in the back 40 and I don't know how I'm going to get you there you may have to make the trip on the old 4020(no cab).  I'll watch your back while you're running the IV because some of the others can get a little ugly when they have new babies..

This actually happened Tuesday and yes I felt terrible but she did have to be treated.: ???  Got up within an hour  (clapping) Had another one calving at the same time.  Ended up getting that calf in because she was too close to a dry (running full) run and very chilled out. Of course the husband was out of town.  Never have problems when the weather is great and everybody at home.