this is outrageous!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davis Shorthorns

They had a deal like this a few years ago here, but it was aluminum bleachers at the soccer fields that were taken.

Will

This kind of theft is becoming more prevalent.  In the last year I have had insured have the wire out of their poultry farm stolen, the wire out of a house in construction and the condensing units from central heat and air units stolen.  On the poultry farm it was a $20,000 claim and they probably got $1000 for the scrap.  Here in Oklahoma you now have to show a picture ID when you sell copper.

simtal

We some local idiot that try to jack copper out a power line he thought was off.  Took a machete to it and fried like an egg!

shortyjock89

simtal said:
We some local idiot that try to jack copper out a power line he thought was off.  Took a machete to it and fried like an egg!

Didn't hear about that one...was that around C-U or your home town?

Davis Shorthorns

simtal said:

this is where I say thanks for getting out of the gene pool.

KCK

In Oklahoma, there were thieves that took the copper wiring out of the AC of a nursing hom....... IDIOTS!

luannv8

theives stole 2 water wells and the tanks and fittings that go with them. 

Show Heifer

A homemade sign at a "farm" from where I am from :  "If you try stealing some metal, I will "send" you some lead to go with it."

I agree.

knabe

this is pretty outrageous too.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-mayor0807,0,4563211.story

police easily duped and willing to be duped.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121815502467222555.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries

voters easily duped as well that ballots should not be secret, so that they can be leaned on to vote the way they should.

the brown shirts are coming as slow as necessary. (from both parties).

Diamond

and just think, with the way things are going, its only going to get worse...

cowz

Around here we have had 3 neighbors with pivots whom have had the copper wire stripped.  It costs 10-14 K to replace it.  Another neighbor lost a trailer of aluminum pipe a couple of years ago.

Time to put a real HOT fence around your scrap heap!!

knabe

it would seem a little more envirnonmentally friendly of the government if they would enforce the law rather than encourage entrepenuership of recycling of materials (theft, and knowingly receiving stolen goods).  it wouldn't suprise me if the people working at the recycling plants aren't somehow involved in this circle of profit.  kinda like fire fighters lighting fires.

meanwhile, it's just so difficult to be aware of anything when all the governement does is outlaw transfats and add to the cost of business while laughing while jobs are exported, and we vote for them and allow them to give themselves raises and free lifetime healthcare.

diversity is such a good thing.  we are so.....