This week in football

Help Support Steer Planet:

bcosu

if I had to pick someone from that group it would be javon ringer. He may not be he fastest back but he does his job and he does it well. Michigan state would be nothing if it wasn't for his ability to carry it 30+ times they wouldn't have a chance.

DLD

Are all the college football fans still sleepin' off yesterday?  Hard to believe nobody's brought this one up yet.  What a day!  OSU 28  Mizzou 23, Texas 45  uO 35, Florida 51  LSU 21...  It just doesn't get much better than this.

Sorry guys, I just had to drag this back up  ;)

TJ said:
Jason said:
How about the Big 12.  Missouri and Oklahoma look unstoppable.  As long as the sooners can beat texas, it should come down to the Big 12 Championship between those two.

They probably will be unstoppable until they play each other & then the one remaining plays the SEC Champ.   ;)   

Missouri still looks pretty good in the north, uO in the south... not so good - there are still 3 undefeated top 20 teams in the south, and they have yet to face two of them.  My guess is no one in the south finishes the season unscathed, but uO will lose at least one more, too.

BIGTEX

How about the Red River Rivalry! What a game, no one gave Texas a chance. Now their no.1.

It was good to see everyone at the State Fair!

BIGTEX

Jive Turkey

red said:
the Buckeyes won but it was an ugly win.

Red

You can say that again.

I was at the game and have to rank it up as one of the most boring home games I've ever witnessed in person.

shortdawg

We beat TN so things are good at my house for a week at least. Either FL is tougher than expected or LSU didn't have as much as I thought.

rtnok

Hey DLD who is going to beat OU  okie state/ remember texas still has to play them. Tech doesn't have any defence and you know about A&M. I think o-state is the best they both have to play.We will just have to wait and see.If texas doesn't mess up colt will win the heisman and will be in the NC game. roni

Doc

shortdawg said:
We beat TN so things are good at my house for a week at least. Either FL is tougher than expected or LSU didn't have as much as I thought.

As tough as it is ,I'm going to have to pin my hopes on Vandy now to take down Shortdawgs "Dawgs"

TJ

shortdawg said:

I think it's a little of both, but more the latter. 

TJ

Kentucky is in serious trouble.  We lost our best & only SR WR (Dicky Lyons JR) for the season, in the 1st half of the South Carolina game.  Injuries, suspensions, etc. are killing us.  Our defense is awful good, but it's beaten up.  Our offense is so young & green, that it is downright offensive at times & Lyons injury just makes it that much worse.  Mike Hartline is doing the best he can, but Curtis Pulley (who should be our starting QB) really let this team down by getting booted off the day before fall practice started.  And it's just been downhill ever since.  I guess the good news is that we are 4-2, with only a 3 point loss to Alabama & a 7 point loss to the SEC's top defensive team, South Carolina (a team that beat Ole Miss after Ole Miss defeated Florida).  We also play Arkansas this weekend, but they just beat Auburn.  We are going to have to have a lot of young kids step up & some of our injury situations are going to have to improve for us to have any shot at beating Arkansas.  And just a couple weeks ago, I thought that Arkansas was a "for sure" win for us.  Depressing...         

DLD

rtnok said:
Hey DLD who is going to beat OU  okie state/ remember texas still has to play them. Tech doesn't have any defence and you know about A&M. I think o-state is the best they both have to play.We will just have to wait and see.If texas doesn't mess up colt will win the heisman and will be in the NC game. roni

If this past weekend was for real, and that same OSU team keeps showing up, then OSU in Stillwater is gonna be more than OU can handle.  I agree A&M's out of the hunt, and Tech should be no better than 4th in the south - but they're good enough to ruin your day if you're off and they're on.  I also agree that TU looks good to go all the way, but first they've got 3 more weeks in a row to play 100%  and make very, very few mistakes - that makes 4 tough weeks in a row counting OU... that's a tall order for anybody.

rtnok

IF texas can keep Mccoy healthy they should do alright but they have a tough order to fill these next few weeks. OU does play at okie state and Stoops has had trouble there before. With OU losing that middle linebacker it is really going to hurt.  roni