Those who answered my clipping questions take a look

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

I clipped a few of the calves. Give me your opinion. How did I go? little rusty....
I know I got alittle close on the hocks.

Attachments

• Gus Left Rear.jpg
    Gus Left Rear.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 571
  • Peach and Gus Rear.jpg
    Peach and Gus Rear.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 526

pigguy

they dont look to bad. i would like to see some better pictures though  (clapping)

Telos

OB, those are great pictures and great calves. They look good all clipped up. Good job. No, Great job.

pigguy

OH Breeder said:
maine12 said:
they dont look to bad. i would like to see some better pictures though  (clapping)

better pictures.... I am not olan mills, thought they were pretty good? ???
i didnt really mean better pics. i meant ohh wait never mind you took the others down  :))) my bad

TJ

Based on what I can see, it looks like you did a good job.

OH Breeder

maine12 said:
OH Breeder said:
maine12 said:

better pictures.... thought they were pretty good? ???
i didnt really mean better pics. i meant ohh wait never mind you took the others down  :))) my bad

Thanks. I didn't mean to sound mean. I just snapped some photos quick. I have a hard time with Necks and Legs when trimming. I appreciate the feedback! Thanks folks. :p

shortyjock89

OH B, it looks like you did a great job..you said you had trouble on the necks and legs when trimming.  On necks I like to comb up and clip forward, using a medium blending blade, as well as, my X Blocks.  I use the X Blocks to take most of the fluff off, and I back drag with the Blending blades.  This works especially good at the juncture of the neck and body.  On the legs, I use my trusty ol blocking blades, either X Blocks or Oster Groom Masters.  On the back of the leg, I don't take it as close as most people do.  I don't like to take too much because I don't know how exactly what the hair is going to look like fit. On the knee, I take it pretty close, but definately not buzz-cut style.  You're alot better than what you give yourself credit for.  I hope that I'm as good as you.  Hopefully I can get some pics of the calves next weekend, because I just clipped them today!  It's exciting to get the calves clipped for the first time...it makes me anxious to get back to showing!

OH Breeder

Thanks, I clipped four over the weekend. I brought come calves in from "back pasture". Hairy and in need of some feed. Put them through the wash rack and then started clipping. The little fella pictured is a May 1 baby. I changed blades because I clipped his hocks so short. I did exactly what you said works for you. With trial and error, i figured a good way to blend the neck and shoulder using medium blade and x-blocks to take of the wild hairs. I use big osters on the head and then blend with medium blade on the andis. I appreciate all the advice, sometimes when you are the only one looking at them you wonder does that looky goofy or is that too short. Clipping makes a world of difference. Again, thanks for tips and would like to see your pics if you get a chance.

ROAD WARRIOR

Looks pretty good for the first time over from what I can tell from the pictures. You can "tweak" them from here on and give them the apperance of more muscle defanition, bigger top etc. Keep at it!

Joe Boy

I made some pictures in the lot tonigh and wish I could make pictures as good as yours.

I also wish I could clip that good..... great... I enjoyed looking at your calves, thanks for presenting them to all of us.

OH Breeder

Joe Boy said:
I made some pictures in the lot tonigh and wish I could make pictures as good as yours.

I also wish I could clip that good..... great... I enjoyed looking at your calves, thanks for presenting them to all of us.

Thank you Road Warrior and Joe Boy. The way I figure is clip on the ones who are going out to any shows anytime soon that way we have plenty of time for hair to grow back. It has been a long time since I have had to do all the clipping. Your comments are much appreciated!!!

Joe Boy,
It is all in the camera. Now to get a couple of good photos, I took about 35 or so. I lucked out on my camera. Went to consumer reports and looked at recommendations for digital cameras. The one I have has more features then I will ever need but it has an automatic setting which is great from a lighting stand point. It adjust alot of stuff automaticly. I waited for it to go on sale and it does most of the work. Olympus SP-500UZ, great camera. Auto focus as well. Still like to see the pictures good or bad. Sometimes we think something is bad and need someone else to review it.

CAB

OHB, if you have time please catch a profile shot of your calves. They look pretty good. I would like to see more of them. Thanks, Cab

TJ

CAB said:
   OHB, if you have time please catch a profile shot of your calves. They look pretty good. I would like to see more of them. Thanks, Cab

^^^ Ditto

red

As usual, you have some awesome calves Ohio B! I can't wait to see what they look like in person. I'm still waiting for you to come & pick me up to look at them.
Keep in mind maybe taking me to Brad's sale if you are going.

Red

DL

OH Breeder - wanna come north and  clip some calves?? Nice calves nice job! (clapping) (clapping)

OH Breeder

red said:
As usual, you have some awesome calves Ohio B! I can't wait to see what they look like in person. I'm still waiting for you to come & pick me up to look at them.
Keep in mind maybe taking me to Brad's sale if you are going.

Red

Thanks Red and DL. I appreciate that. Now, we might just have to make the sale a date. I will catch up with you as we get closer. I haven't forgot ya just have to take the time to stop. That is the hard part.

red

Looks like I've got a heifer going to Lima. I'm going to try & make that show.
Give me a shout anytime.

Red