Thoughts on our new heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

glitter6m

This is our new heifer, our first real show heifer. She is a January (twin) PB Simmi. She will only be shown at our county fair and some local county open shows. Sorry that the photos aren't better, I was by myself and had no one to pose her. Please tell us your thoughts...good and bad.  ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8997a.jpg
    IMG_8997a.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_8975a.jpg
    IMG_8975a.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 147

andy

I like this heifer.  I would think that she'll do alright in the local shows, but will come into her own as a cow.  Structurally pretty good with lots of power through her front end.  Would like to see her a tick deeper in her flank.  All and all a real good, useful kind of heifer.

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

Well im just gonna have to disagree. I think her flank depth is fine. If i want to change her at all its probly the front end shes a little straight out of her shoulders, little more neck extension(femenity), and maybe even changing her tail heat set. I think when you get her clipped up she will look totally different heifer.

savaged

That's a pretty good P.B. Simmy in my opinion.

I think with proper feeding she will drop in her gut to fill the flank.  Looks like with work she can have pretty good hair too.  The right hair and clip job can fix a lot about that tail head set.

If your county fair has a breed show she can do very well against Simmy competition.