Three Thing to Ponder, Cows, The Constitution, The Ten Commandments

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

One of Ronald Reagans commandments was "to never criticize a fellow Republican". He was a Democrat alot of his life.

knabe

not a big reagan fan.  teddy played him for a fool on immigration (and the republican party).  idiots.

vanridge

Okotoks said:
[Here's some great common sense going on in both the Edmonton and Calgary public School systems. ??? I guess we don't want to teach responsibiity  to students, we wouldn't want them to learn to have a work ethic.   :mad:  ???

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/05/31/zero-grade-teacher-to-fight-suspension

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/06/01/students-parents-rally-for-suspended-teacher

They also have a "no fail" policy in schools, so kids who should actually being doing a grade over again so they can better understand the subjects, get to go through their whole school life feeling like failures and struggling to pass the courses. Because that, according to the experts is better than leaving a child "behind" and embarrassing him  ??? I say if a kid doesn't do his work he should get a zero plain and simple. When these kids get to university they don't know what to do because they have never had to actually meet a deadline before and now all of a sudden they are responsible for thir own actions and they have to learn time management and basic life skills that they should have picked up in elementary school. Universities love it. Lots of kids throwing money at them the first year and than dropping out. They can take in way more students because they are not gonna stick around anyway. Lots of free money for them. My oldest is in grade 5 and even in his class they are already told a deadline and then given extensions or no marks are taken off from the kid who handed it in late. EVEN when the teeacher threatens them with it. Its not helpin anybody.

kfacres

vanridge said:
Okotoks said:
[Here's some great common sense going on in both the Edmonton and Calgary public School systems. ??? I guess we don't want to teach responsibiity  to students, we wouldn't want them to learn to have a work ethic.   :mad:  ???

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/05/31/zero-grade-teacher-to-fight-suspension

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/06/01/students-parents-rally-for-suspended-teacher

They also have a "no fail" policy in schools, so kids who should actually being doing a grade over again so they can better understand the subjects, get to go through their whole school life feeling like failures and struggling to pass the courses. Because that, according to the experts is better than leaving a child "behind" and embarrassing him  ??? I say if a kid doesn't do his work he should get a zero plain and simple. When these kids get to university they don't know what to do because they have never had to actually meet a deadline before and now all of a sudden they are responsible for thir own actions and they have to learn time management and basic life skills that they should have picked up in elementary school. Universities love it. Lots of kids throwing money at them the first year and than dropping out. They can take in way more students because they are not gonna stick around anyway. Lots of free money for them. My oldest is in grade 5 and even in his class they are already told a deadline and then given extensions or no marks are taken off from the kid who handed it in late. EVEN when the teeacher threatens them with it. Its not helpin anybody.

the only kids getting not left behind--- will never make it to the university...  They'll be attendants at the local gas station and hardees for life. 

aj

There were 18 million jobs created in Reagans 8 years and 20 million in Clintons 8 years. Sweet Jesus knabe please tell me you are not a Jimmy Carter idiot......although I guess he was a pointy headed intellectual like you.

aj

Seems like the qualifier for immigrants should be required.Legal and illegal....the main stream media always forgets (wink wink) forgets to do this this. Then they make it a racist deal.

GONEWEST

Zach said:
oakbar said:
Obviously, for those of you who know me, my comments were made with my TFPIC (tongue firmly planted in cheek),    Also, I don't believe I mentioned any particular nationality in my post.    I just think it is so rediculous to keep catching illegals again and again and never finding a way to mete out any punishment until they have established families here, etc.    I get challenged for my citizenship, legal record, etc. every time I get in an airplane---but we don't have the right to challenge or punish illegal aliens!    Just seems goofy to me.     Before you start criticizing me as a bigot please understand I have no problem with legal immigration--in fact I have several good friends who came to the US and actually became US citizens--I just believe that the freedoms and benefits we all enjoy citizens should not be so freely given away.   By the way, my friends who have worked to become US ciitzens are much more direct and extrem in how they feel their former countrymen should be treated if they break our laws and cross the border without permission.JMHO

see now you're trying to justify what you said earlier because someone called you out on being an idiot.
Lets put explosives in peoples bodies, specifically their reproductive areas.
Who are you that he would have to justify what he said to YOU? Are you the new steer planet moral compass?  The idiot would be an apologist for the illegals like you are. That's who the real idiot is, someone who's world is so small that they can't see the problems and expense to the country illegals are. Someone like you who has never made enough money to pay enough taxes to support these people. There are a whole lot more people like Oakbar who are fed up with this crap than there are "lets all just hug and get along" people like you and your chemically brain damaged buddy X-bar.

RyanChandler

A lot more people??? But I thought Obama won!?  Illegals are a net positive on our economy.  You're leaving your safe haven o history buff and entering an arena where you're out classed.  I pay my fair share and then some. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
A lot more people??? But I thought Obama won!?  Illegals are a net positive on our economy.  You're leaving your safe haven o history buff and entering an arena where you're out classed.  I pay my fair share and then some.  

Cite some sources and try this for a change, from both sides of the issue instead of the side that confirms your beliefs.

For instance, you have to add in various things like housing density which reduces property tax revenues per capita, the number of kids in school, increased crime rates per capta, increased abortion costs, health care costs, including those related to antibiotic resistant bacteria, tuburculosis, child tax credit, not paying fees for drivers license, insurance and other things that you don't see when a democrat compiles their stats and impact as well as a host of other costs. Yes, citizens have the same issues, but at least be somewhat honest.

trevorgreycattleco

Are illegals a bigger drain on our country then welfare? What's the biggest burden? I plow snow for a pharmacy in my town. I've heard many many tales of folks coming in getting mess for free. While talking on their iPhone, in nice clothes, the works. Then when they have to pay literally one dollar they complain and refuse. By law the pharmacy can't say anything. Then after all that they can get reimbursed for their trip. From the govt. how about the relief bill for hurricane sandy ? Lots of pork in that sucker. Illegal or not I don't care anymore. I'll take the hard working folks everytime. White, black, brown, yellow, pink, blue with purple polka dots. Surely there can be a way to allow immigrants to come and work.

farmin female

[font=Verdana[color=red]]Going throught some posts looking for the evening chuckle when I come across this:[/[/color]font]

Who are you that he would have to justify what he said to YOU? Are you the new steer planet moral compass?  The idiot would be an apologist for the illegals like you are. That's who the real idiot is, someone who's world is so small that they can't see the problems and expense to the country illegals are. Someone like you who has never made enough money to pay enough taxes to support these people. There are a whole lot more people like Oakbar who are fed up with this crap than there are "lets all just hug and get along" people like you and your chemically brain damaged buddy X-bar.

[font=Verdana[color=red]]Nice........

Voicing an opinion regarding a topic is one thing, but launching a bomb like that is sure not nice.  Sure seems that many of those that preach "the reason for the season" seem to forget it Dec. 26th.

[/color]
[/font]