Thremo King of regular compresser

Help Support Steer Planet:

Steer Boy 101

I have heard of some people useing thremo kings form like semis and wireing them for a regular cooler room. I could get one from my neighbor possibly. i know it gets its  cold enough cuz it cools a 53 footer, but iwas wondering how easy it is to wire it differently. Any info on the best way to build a cooler room is apprecieted. now im not sure i want a window unit cuz i just dont see how it would wrok but all is apreceated.

yousesteers

Was very common on cool rooms when diesel was less than $1.00 per gallon most now have units out of walkin freezers

BCCC

They make the reefer units that run off of propane. You could possibly make it so it would run off of a combo of deisel and propane, as we do it in a couple of our trucks.

F5CHASER

If you have a buddy or know someone in the AC business they can convert it over in a jiffy for you.  What you have is a diesel / propane / or natural gas engine that drives a hermetic compressor (the cooling unit).  What you have to have them do is replace the drive engine with an electric motor to drive the compressor.  A few simple calculations will have to be done as to what horsepower motor you will need but it is a piece of cake.

JbarL

not sure why you would have to "wire it different?....you dont need a 53 fter....but if yoiu had a 18/22 ft reffer trailer...you can use the whole trailer....cut the side out of it and direct the cool air "from" the reffer to another "area"...cant draw a pic here but if yoiu pm me i'll show what a freind did with a 18/20 footer( milk truck box) to cool his medium size  auto mechanics "garage".....leaves a nice cool area inside for storage and "stuff" as well....you do how ever have to take the axels off and set in on the ground.... those small  diesels are really pretty easy on fuel....thermo king for sure here........jbarl

rtmcc

Any body have any experience with how much fuel a reefer unit would burn per day for an average size room (15 x20) well insulated???