Ticks

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Before my husband got his blood clot and had to be put on blood thinner, he took garlic pills.  He swears by them.  I'm assuming you meant yourself.  Don't try frontline lol  good for dogs, but not you lol (lol)

DFSC

ha ha well I was actually talking about the cow's, but they love to bite me too...so I will definately take that advice!  :)

red

I think the guys from Texas have a huge problem w/ this. Maybe they can give some suggestions.

Red

chambero

We have horrible tick problems in our bluestem pasture in north Texas.  No fancy remedies, but your common pour on wormers will kill them to a certain extent.  Some pastures we spray their ears with a blue spray that contains permethrin.  That's about all you can do every so often.

DFSC

Thanks Chambero. I feel you we have the same problem down here. I just hope those one's from Mexico don't start migrating this way.

Jill

Ok, sorry I just reread this post and realized you were wanting info for the cows :))), Irish Spring probably won't work for them. (clapping)

red

Jill said:
Ok, sorry I just reread this post and realized you were wanting info for the cows :))), Irish Spring probably won't work for them. (clapping)

Aye, but they'll sure smell purty!  (clapping)