timid shower update!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

Thought I'd update you on my daughter's showing.  You guys were so helpful in helping me help her. (wow that's a lot of helps in a senteence lol)

I'm not saying were not getting any tears every now and then, but I think that maybe normal with girls lol.  She's doing so well I'm so proud of her.  She was champion Maine the week before last at Linn County Preview.  She's the #5 maine heifer in MO with only one show posted.  She's even wanting to get another heifer for next year YEAH!!!!!  Thanks everyone and Red for your encouragement and advice!

She just got back from lamb camp and wow did that help boost her confidence.  OK it's a lamb in the second picture but you can see the confidence in her face in it.  Granted, you cann't see it in the heifer picture....she's there in the picture trust me lol

Attachments

• 06-03-07 017.jpg
    06-03-07 017.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 707
  • 2007 lamb camp 016.jpg
    2007 lamb camp 016.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 722

ROAD WARRIOR

It is absolutely amazing the change in young peoples confidence when properly influenced. My oldest daughter was painfully shy as a youngster until she got old enough to get involved with the livestock shows. She went from being too shy to ask for an extra package of catsup at a fast food place to becoming president of the National Junior association and addressing the adults at the National convention and then on to a full ride judgeing scholarship. Support your kids, encourage them for everything they do right and don't come uncorcked on them when they screw up! Sounds like your on the right road.

red

Just to let everyone know, Justme's daughter placed 1st in her class at a show Friday!
Danielle called to share the news w/ me. Love those kids!
Justme said the judge commented on her heifer really positivly but said it need about 200 more pounds & she would be unstopable. They don't think they'll get her that fat though.

Great job Dee!!!

Red (clapping)

Joe Boy

Great job and great looking young lady....probably takes after her Dad, since it is Father's Day....ha...

You have done a great job with her.....keep it up.....

Oh yes, I have seen that type of smile win a showmanship.... a smile shows calm confidence and you are building it in her..... KEEP IT UP....

Get Red's next great heifer for her........

justme

If I make it back home to Ohio, I want to go check Red's heifers out.  I want to find one with the personality like this one.  She's the perfect 1st heifer for a little girl to learn with.  Thanks for all your support thru this project so far.