Timid shower update!

Help Support Steer Planet:

justme

I want to thank you all for all your help with suggestions for my daughter...that's her in my picture with my ornery boy lol.  We are filling out Jr. Nationals papers tonite!!!!  I am so proud of her. 

What we ended up doing is having her work with her pony.  For some reason she got scared of him too.  Every night for an hour or two she brushed out his winter coat and had to lead him and practice setting him up.  We make her go in and catch him everything.  Were there in the beginning making sure she's ok, then we go do our chores.  She made leaps and bounds.  Then I told her, you know your pony is weighs more than that heifer (ok its a white lie but she's only 9 lol and he's technically taller).  She was shocked.  She now enters her pen and pets her ect and doesn't even shake or have an anxiety attack.

She approached my husband this morning on her own no coaxing or even having the topic brought up.  She told him she's ready for the heifer now and wants to go!  I was so proud of her!!  I told her we didn't have to go, its up to her.  She said "Mom I want to go and it wouldn't be fair to my heifer if she didn't get showed."  I very proud of her for making the decision on her own.  I know we'll probably have some tears before we get to Oklahoma, but I'll be there with a big hug and a kiss on top of her head to make it better. 

So watch out Missouri shows and Jr. Nationals!  The Funk's are on there way!

Thank you so much everyone.  I was so sad for her and didn't know how else to help her.  One thing I forgot, she was kicked by at heifer in the chest when a parent of a handicapped child put a wheelchair up to her heifer at the Iowa state fair.  She was only 4 and she was asking them politly to move the chair away from the heifer because it was scaring her heifer.  As she turned the lady grabbed the halter the heifer jumped and her hind leg nailed her square in the chest.  If that lady only knew the emotional scars she put on Danielle.  Sometimes city people at fairs have no common sense.  Before that she had no fear of the heifers and was going to lead that cow the next day after the incident.  Poor heifer never calmed down that week, and Danielle is just getting over it.  All of your support has helped us!  Make sure you come say hi to us in Lawton or down the road somewhere!

Thanks again!
Gidget

red

(clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

I just knew she'd come around! She's such a sweet girl!
She had a bad experience & needed to get her confidence back. you took the right approach w/ her!

Good job on all parts!

Red (welcome)

genes

Congratulations!!  She's on her way now.  Make sure to take some pictures of them all done up for the show :)

cowz

If she is ready for Jr. National and manages to have a good experience there.....she WILL be hooked.  I cannot say enough about how any Jr. National program, whatever the breed, is wonderful and motivating.   The kids always have such a great time and forge lasting friendships with other kids from all over the country!!!

Read up on the poster and photo contest and have her get started on those now!!!  Spring is the time for great baby calf pics....those always do well.  Email me for some poster ideas if you are interested.

I hope she has a great time.  Keep us posted, OK? (cow)