Tip Line

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Do you have any tips that you've found or seen elsewhere? Something that makes life a little easier? Or solves a problem? Shows, calving, general cattle care or just a good idea share them with us? ;)

I'll share one of my favorites:
If you are having problems with ringworm & you use bleach on the spots, try using the Clorox Bleach Pen. It's a concentrated form of bleach that won't run or get all over your clothes. Also works real well for those areas around the face. It also has an end that your can roughen the area first before you apply the bleach. :)
Red

Show Heifer

To apply an ear tag, I heat the number part of the tag, and put a small drop of lube on the point part. Makes the tag go in much easier!!!! :)

austin

Show Heifer said:
To apply an ear tag, I heat the number part of the tag, and put a small drop of lube on the point part. Makes the tag go in much easier!!!! :)

I just had that problem last week. Thanks!

Btw, Welcome to Steer Planet!

idaho cowgirl

For the ringworm problem, disinfect your clipper blades regularly and when the worst happens, use Vagisil. Great fungus fighter and its gentle on the skin. Put it on twice a day for two or three days and it usually takes care of it. Also helps to catch it when its just starts. Funny thing about this tip is it originally came from a guy!