TM Gus calf pictures

Help Support Steer Planet:

stumpy

Here are a couple of uor TM Gus calves we pictured yesterday. The first is a PB steer out of a white D. Vision cow. and the second is a 7/8 SH+ Heifer out of a herd bull sired cow. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• bunnyxgus.jpg
    bunnyxgus.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 759
  • lotusxgus.jpg
    lotusxgus.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 771

M Bar

Fescue out there, Stumpy?  Looks like you need to mow some grass

stumpy

Without the calving book in front of me I will say I think they are both Feb. calves. We don't have any fescue Troy but as soon as about three of the afalfa quarters are down, and they are going down, we will cut the brome (all but behind the picture pen ;)). Thank-you all for the feedback!

linnettejane

awesome calves!!!    <party>  think im going to have to put gus on my short list for next year (everythings already bred this year)

OH Breeder

What is the cow on the second one? you have dble vision on the other. What genetics does he seem to click with? It looks like he clicked pretty well with yours.

stumpy

The second calf is out of a cow sired by FG Hercules, who is an Eskimo Joe out of a Double Down cow, on the bottom side the cow is out of a black Phildon XS daughter who was champoin cow calf for us at the IA Jr. Nationals(pictured on our webstie donors as Porsche). Gus has worked well on several cows, Angus, Shorthorn, and clubbie. The one thing I will be careful with is using him on a female that is extreemly long spined as the calves can get too long to balance like I like them to. These calves, and many other will be for sale this fall. Thank-you all again for the great feedback.
-Stumpy

M Bar

Doggonit  Stumpy, You weren't supposed to give the birth dates on those two calves!!!  Those could have been June babies.  Wait a minute, they still could be.....ha ha ha  I just got done calving my summer babies out last month, so you should be fine.  Couldn't help the sarcasm.

itk

red said:
(welcome) M Bar!

Red, let's not encourage Troy. You know how they have those signs at the zoo saying not to feed the monkeys, Troy is kind of the same way. ;D All kidding aside welcome aboard Troy, I'm sure you can keep things lively.

Lucky7

Stump 
calves are looking good.  keep up the good work.  i might have a guy in GA interested.  also a kid in IL.  talk to ya later

shortyjock89

Lucky, I'm not THE kid in IL interested, but I'm A kid in IL that's interested in a heifer if stumpy has one like that to ship this way!