To Indiana folks

Help Support Steer Planet:

doubled

I just helped one of my sons move to Indiana and I have to tell you people there that the state is a very nice state, the people there
are very nice to visitors, he really fells welcome there.  Good Job.  :D

cattlejunky

Is he going to purdue?  He is about an hour away from us.  Lots of kids from our area are at Purdue.

shortyjock89

justamom said:
West Lafayette he really likes it there, nice city

Hey, that's only about 45 minutes from me!  I'm not an Indiana boy though, but I'm about as far east as you can get in Illinois and still bleed Orange and Blue lol.  Tell him that if he ever gets bored and needs cattle to clip or somethin, that there's always somethin that needs touched up here.  Congrats on the move, Lafayette  is a good place. 

Oh, I almost forgot, feeder duck is from West Lafayette too, just a fun fact!

DEA

Anyone heard about this:

The Indiana State Fair is changing when the show animals (cattle,swine,sheep,etc.) are to arrive, show and how long they have to stay at the state fair.  Also, when the sale of champion is.  I read on another forum (B.W. Pig/Sheep Forums) that the fairboard wants to have the animals longer  (just not the champions, but all entries) at the fair for people who are just visiting the fair can see them????  Anyone else heard this??  Rumor has it that the dates you have to have animals at the fair could run over some school starting dates in August.  Has anyone else heard about this?

cattlejunky

I have not heard that.  I am sure that is good for the fair they would receive much more revenue from the exhibitors, plus the exhibitors that camp.  I would not like being there the extra time.  We do the 4-H show and the Open Show and that is a long 6 or 7 days.  I will do some checking and see what I can find out.

doubled

cattlejunky said:
Is he going to purdue?  He is about an hour away from us.  Lots of kids from our area are at Purdue.

He just graduated from Iowa State and works for Monsanto there now, in sales for Dekalb and Asgrow seeds, he interned there at West Lafayette and really likes
the area, it is so safe there.  He will probably show up at some of the shows cant get all those years of showing out of his blood, he still owns some purebred Herefords,
and his brother here in Iowa is selling his own club calves too so he will still be involved in the business.