To what standards do we hold judges?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Great comments Telos & Tx Black Steer!
I really like reading both sides of the debate.

Red

DL

Lots of good and thoughtful comments- while agree with Tx Black Steer ( (welcome)) that chances are good that they knew that Clenbuterol was illegal and against federal law (and they wanted to win in a big way and were willing to do anything to do it, apparently - the THEY that were guilty were the adults - at 16 you make be a snake or a wart in the making but you are still a kid and if that kid turned his life around and is not only an excellent cattle judge but also a great role model for kids - then more power to him. Great post Telos - I may have to create more awards - the erudite and articulate thoughts are flowing on the planet!

chambero - I agree with much of what you said too - lots of crooked stuff goes on in all aspects of the horse world and in many instances the practices raise (to me serious) welfare concerns for the animal - much more so than in cattle ( although lifting the hide and placing cotton underneath to improve a steers butt isn't either necessary or good welfare) - but I also believe that at the higher levels of all activities where fame money ego power and all those other things are involved people cheat and their warts grow and sometimes they get caught....

do we really believe that the guy who won the Tour de France wasn't involved in doping?