to whom it concerns.. update on deaves

Help Support Steer Planet:

mlcattle

.... we got a hold of christian and he is picking up our heifer next weekend. he had a problem with his phone and i understand. i am only 27 myself i started young in the show biz starting with showpigs, i would like this post to die off, thank you.

mandl

not sure of the last name just trying to get in touch with him he wanted our alias heifer his voicemail box is full

herefordfootball

mandl said:
not sure of the last name just trying to get in touch with him he wanted our alias heifer his voicemail box is full

As far as I know there are 2 or 3 Christians here on SP. But probaly a lot more than that. Good luck in your search. :)

CPL

herefordfootball said:
mandl said:

As far as I know there are 2 or 3 Christians here on SP. But probaly a lot more than that. Good luck in your search. :)

I am one, but from Indiana and raise Herefords instead of club calves. However, I did like your heifer!

A quick profile search showed a Christian Deaves from VA.

halbachcattle

Steer Planet Users

I was a little amused to see this post about Christian Deavers.  Christian had bought a heifer out of our sale earlier this year and promised all fall that he was coming to pick up the heifer.  I tried to be accomidating and continued to feed the heifer.  About Loiusville time he notified that he was unable to find reasonable transportation and backed out on the calf from me and now will not return phone calls or emails.  I hope Christian is out there and reads this because I see him posting on this website all the time and inquiring about calves and wonder if he has intentions to pick them all up or pay for them.  Its too bad that people are losing thier integrity in this business.  I do want to warn all the other SP users to proceed with caution when selling calves to this individual.  He goes under Deaves.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully this will help prevent future troubles with this individual.

Phil Halbach

OH Breeder

halbachcattle said:
Steer Planet Users

I was a little amused to see this post about Christian Deavers.  Christian had bought a heifer out of our sale earlier this year and promised all fall that he was coming to pick up the heifer.  I tried to be accomidating and continued to feed the heifer.  About Loiusville time he notified that he was unable to find reasonable transportation and backed out on the calf from me and now will not return phone calls or emails.  I hope Christian is out there and reads this because I see him posting on this website all the time and inquiring about calves and wonder if he has intentions to pick them all up or pay for them.  Its too bad that people are losing thier integrity in this business.  I do want to warn all the other SP users to proceed with caution when selling calves to this individual.  He goes under Deaves.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully this will help prevent future troubles with this individual.

Phil Halbach

That is very unfortunate. I hate to hear that. I know we all work hard to move animals and when someone commits to an animal and then sticks you with them it is very frustrating.

There was a post a few weeks back. Mr Deaves has posted about 130 post and 120 of them are inquiries on other folks cattle.

CJC

mlcattle said:
.... we got a hold of christian and he is picking up our heifer next weekend. he had a problem with his phone and i understand. i am only 27 myself i started young in the show biz starting with showpigs, i would like this post to die off, thank you.
Let us know if he picks the calf up or not. Good luck.

mlcattle

well, just for giggles. we got paid for this heifer, checked cleared and all looked good. it is jan the 12th and she is still in my barn. pretty crazy they dont answer phone, havent contacted us. i am keeping a tab for feed bill, but im guessing they are not coming to get her, thanks for the cash anyhow... haha. to anyone else i would stay away from this kid.

wpenrod

This question is to mlcattle or who ever else has been in the same position, How long do you give the buyer to actually take the calf before you just consider it unsold? Just wondering for future reference.