Ton cow day

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

I think Obama and democrats need to start a "an appreciation of the 2,000 pound cow day". For creating all the jobs in the show cattle feed industry. Think of the demand for processed feed due to these cows. Baler and swather salesman. People that manufacture balers and etc.. Protein tub salesman. Think of all the jobs these huge cows create. I think it is important that we.....as Americans......give thanks to these ungodly inefficient cows. They take up alot of room. They are important. We sure as heck don't need a cash or clunker 2,000 pound cows though. That would tick me off.

Mill Iron A

Yeah I think you have your wires crossed...... show cattle are typically smaller than production cattle in the clubby world.  Maybe there are some big purebred show cattle but that's not a general rule.  No I believe you should be praising seedstock supplier who have taken the "our customers market only by lbs" concept just a little too far.  Which is mostly caused by an obnoxious race for the best paper cattle (e.p.d's) you have ever seen.  Having said that though aj have you not heard of the golden rule? I think you would be a great tabloid writer because of your shock value sentiment.  Why can't you just introduce this subject more objectively rather than jump right into provoking people?  Life will be much nicer to you if you are a touch more open minded.

ploughshare

Bring back the frame size and weights of the middle 1990s.  Life was great back then, no credit to the implanted politics of the time though as I blame a lot of those policies for the trouble we have now.

aj

I would concur that the implanted politics are translucent yet ambiguous and these policies have caused problems.

aj

Mill iron.....I'd respectfully say that adding 3 $ to a bushel of corn......400$ ton alfalfa and 200$ wheat straw might have some shock value if this drought keeps up.

McM93

Droughts and high packer prices take care of the ton cows....

trevorgreycattleco

Because some cows are just easier fleshing then others. Steerplanet grin. A big cow can be just as effiecient as a smaller one! That pounds per acre raised is all hogwash.

rarebirdz

aj said:
I think Obama and democrats need to start a "an appreciation of the 2,000 pound cow day". For creating all the jobs in the show cattle feed industry. Think of the demand for processed feed due to these cows. Baler and swather salesman. People that manufacture balers and etc.. Protein tub salesman. Think of all the jobs these huge cows create. I think it is important that we.....as Americans......give thanks to these ungodly inefficient cows. They take up alot of room. They are important. We sure as heck don't need a cash or clunker 2,000 pound cows though. That would tick me off.

They r more focused on feeding the people version of the 2000 lb cow.  a fast food apreciation day would cover ur cow just fine as well