Too much belly

Help Support Steer Planet:

renegade

I have a steer that has a substantial amount of muscle but potential for more and has some cover on him and a wide back. Well he is putting all of his food into getting a big fat gut instead of anything else. So when you look at him its like front end, huge belly, cant see butt. it makes him look more narrow than he is - he's super thick

shortyjock89

What is he weighing right now, and how finished is he?  It would be great if you could post a pic so we could see what you mean.  One from the profile, front, and back would be ideal.

renegade

He is getting some finish on him but not nearly as much as he needs/the other steers have but he has like over a month b4 he shows. Hes prob 1100 right now - not a big steer as far as frame - just a shorthorn cross. I will try and get some pics on my phone but i warn you he's in need of a good bath and haircut  O0 . he doesnt look too bad from the side. Oh and he has lost his sunken in look for the most part (as long as he eats his feed  ::))

kanshow

It would also help if you let us know what kind of ration he is on and how much of it.