Too Young?

Help Support Steer Planet:

SSIMMENTALS

How young is too young to show a bull calf by himself? He would have his dam with him at the show, but would show in his own class in the bull show. The last class is April 2010 and after; he is a June; weighing 400-450 pounds, show broke, he's been in the showbarn since birth, he is in good shape but is far from 12 oclock(as any 4 month old calf should be). This is a small state fair, two weeks from now, three hours away, one night's stay. He will go into a division with Januarys on. He is really nice. My only problem is I do not want him getting beaten by lower quality individuals because of his young age, but he won't be out again until February. Would you take him in? Thanks for any opinions. ;D

Bradenh

go for it! id do it as long as his mama is there to keep him company and calm him down. and i bet he will be alrite for you

shortdawg

We won a bull show at the GA Nat'l in '07 with a 7 month old calf. His first show. Go for it ! If he's good enough he will compete fine.

ZNT

Montego Bay was Jr. Calf Champion at Ft. Worth this year at 7 1/2 months old.  He was a June calf, and shown as a June, and won in late January.