Took another Picture of my Brother's Heifer: Opinions Please!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

J-Beef said:
Very Nice heifer! Is she going to the Classic at Kearney ???
I posted that heifer last year and found the thread to show what her calf looked like.  She just calved so No she's not going to the Classic but thanks for the comments.

Tony

farwest

Do you possibly think there would be OTHER choices for use on a first calf heifer than star power .  Do you not feel that was a risk.............

RSC

farwest said:
Do you possibly think there would be OTHER choices for use on a first calf heifer than star power .  Do you not feel that was a risk.............
I'm sure other options could have been less risky.  My Brother was comfortable with the size of this heifer and didn't mind walking the plank a little.  I know some will say on a heifer don't take the chance, it's not worth it.  Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling, He did and it worked!  Maybe next time will be a different story.

RSC

red

Willie Morris said that Mamma's Boy's were coming small. That might be a suggestion for a baldy.

Red

BCCC

RSC said:
farwest said:
I'm sure other options could have been less risky.  My Brother was comfortable with the size of this heifer and didn't mind walking the plank a little.  I know some will say on a heifer don't take the chance, it's not worth it.  Sometimes you have to go with your gut feeling, He did and it worked!  Maybe next time will be a different story.

RSC
I am thinking that was another way for him to stir the pot on the Lowline deal ;D ;D just what I took it as

TJ

BCCC said:
RSC said:
farwest said:

RSC
I am thinking that was another way for him to stir the pot on the Lowline deal ;D ;D just what I took it as

West KY Style Burgoo anyone?  Mmmmm!!  ;)  ;D  (lol)

Attachments

• west KY burgoo.jpg
    west KY burgoo.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 321

TJ

On a more serious note, that is a nice looking baby, RSC!  Keep us updated.

PaddyO

I really really really like this gal. Super stout.. I wouldn't be 2 worried about the shoulder.. IF you are just wanting to have good calves outta her!! Bred 2 the right stuff, she could have something way better then her..Yes I said that.. GREAT looking heifer though. Id have 100 just like her!! Calf could also be good.

TJ

PaddyO said:
I really really really like this gal. Super stout.. I wouldn't be 2 worried about the shoulder.. IF you are just wanting to have good calves outta her!! Bred 2 the right stuff, she could have something way better then her..Yes I said that.. GREAT looking heifer though. Id have 100 just like her!! Calf could also be good.

I agree.  The heifer is just a little course in the shoulders, but you can breed that out.  Just a lot of good to like about her. 

RSC

Wanted  to share an updated photo of Snickers Star Power Bull calf.  The little guy wouldn't give me the best shot at a photo.

Tony

Attachments

• Snickers Calf.jpg
    Snickers Calf.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 542