Top 5 bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

AML

Top 5 bulls to help front end on Maine/Angus cows to make club calves. If possible note if they will moderate frame, increase frame or have no effect.

vet tech

hannibals a good one.....he will take away body....and he will add frame

SEA

That's a tough one.  Not that many clubby bulls to choose from.  Some older clubby bulls but, they don't have much hair. i.e.  Foreplay, Viper, Witchdoctor, Full Flush, Godfather, most will increase frame on moderate frame cows.

1. Hannibal-frame stay about the same
2. Who Made Who-frame downsize
3. Smooth Sailing-not sure on frame

mooch

Blake Brothers Cattle Co said:
Dr Who,Monopoly,Unforgiven. Hannibal's will get crippled eventually, Heat Wave is OVERRATED!

Is that why Two of the three bulls you reccommended are out of him? You might want to check the blood lines on virtually  ALL of the midwest state fair champs and Major champs before you call him over rated.You might not like him but over rated he is not.

Blake Brothers Cattle Co

I'm not sayin he hasn't had SOME good ones, if every bull was used like him then you'd get good ones too, let's look at all the bad ones too, he's hit and miss most misses

kfacres

I tend to agree with you.. a bull that gets used THAT much has to make a great one, or many every once in a while... And you are right, there are quite a few throwaways...  But more times that not, great steers get a HW tag put in, instead of what they really are, and the absolute shit eaters, get the HW tag cut out- works both ways... 

But you have to give it to the old HW- he has transformed WINNING CLUBBY STEERS- and the such