RSC

George Strait
Alabama
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Martina McBride
Toby Keith

RSC

jimmyski

I could come up with 2 different lists, one for all-time and one currently. So I guess I'll do that.

All Time:
George Strait
Chris Ledoux
Don Williams
Johnny Cash
Garth Brooks

Currently:
Casey Donahew Band
Stoney LaRue
Charlie Major
Wade Bowen
Cooder Graw

All of these are in no particular just my top 5's.

farmgirl760

OK- i fully understand everyones comments on Carrie Underwood. While i do not agree with some of her decisions i absolutly love her new song, "Just a Dream". the song supports all army wives out there... now as for the rascal flatts im not sure on what you mean about them not being country???

I thought some more about the topic and came up with a new list. I was thinking of stuff thats on now but I thought back and heres my new list.

In no order

George Strait
Brooks and Dunn
Garth Brooks
Sugarland
Brad Paisley

Davis Shorthorns

Just remember that every time you buy one of Carrie Underwood's CD's, go to one of her concerts, or request her on the radio it is just more money that gets put into destroying animal agriculture and promoting her message to other people.  I don't care how talented she is (very) or how beautiful she is (very) or who she sings about.  She is trying to hurt the industry that I love and that I plan on being in for a very very long time. 

simtal

farmgirl760 said:
the rascal flatts im not sure on what you mean about them not being country???

just because they're on the "county" station does not make them country.  They are a pop band, or "mainstream" .  Basically the back street boys that wandered into a boot outlet store.

Telos

Doc said:
No particular order!!

George Strait

Chris LeDoux

Alison Krauss

Sugarland

Brad Paisley

As far as Carrie Underwood goes you're right, but for the good of agriculture I will suck it up & offer to spend some time with her , counseling her & try to convert her !!! ;D

Doc - I like your idea. Good luck counseling Carrie. I can't believe how a person growing up in rural Okla., with a family who had cows and needed them for survival could think the way she does. "Poor Foolish Girl"... Maybe I'll write a song and send it her way.

...And by the way. Alison Krauss is one of my favorite singers in the whole wide world.

Doc

Telos said:
Doc said:
No particular order!!

George Strait

Chris LeDoux

Alison Krauss

Sugarland

Brad Paisley

As far as Carrie Underwood goes you're right, but for the good of agriculture I will suck it up & offer to spend some time with her , counseling her & try to convert her !!! ;D

Doc - I like your idea. Good luck counseling Carrie. I can't believe how a person growing up in rural Okla., with a family who had cows and needed them for survival could think the way she does. "Poor Foolish Girl"... Maybe I'll write a song and send it her way.

...And by the way. Alison Krauss is one of my favorite singers in the whole wide world.

I'm still trying to arrange that one on one time with her & trying to get my wife to drop her non compete for a little while. ;D
Brad Paisley said one time" when he dies & goes to Heaven he will be disappointed if the the Angels don't sound like Alison Krauss."

BIGTEX

I would have to agree about Allison Krauss. She if one of the best singers in music, not just country.

justme

No specific order:
George Straight-He can be my old Trubidor anytime!
Allison Krause-her CD with one of favs. Robert Plant is great
Big and Rich
Brooks and Dunn
Blake Shelton-wonderful in concert
Trace Atkins-mmmm to be his hot mama (to bad I'm a big girl lol)

Up and coming... Low Cash Cowboys and Taylor Swift

DLD

My first choices aren't mainstream country, but what little airplay they get is on country radio...

Cross Canadian Ragweed
Stoney LaRue
Bleu Edmondson
Jason Boland
Reckless Kelly

For more mainstream country, I like these...

George Strait
Alan Jackson
Gary Allen
Dwight Yoakam
Pat Green (kinda falls somewhere between this category and the first one)

And the ones I grew up on and still listen to today - since I've already doubled my top 5 list, what the heck, let's go for a triple...

Hank Williams, Jr.
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson
Merle Haggard
David Alan Coe

I don't consider myself a big fan of many of the female artists (I guess I like to sing along too much), but I'll agree that Allison Krauss has the greatest voice and the most talent by far.  I still love Reba McEntire for her old stuff and just bein' Reba, but most of her newer stuff doesn't really appeal to me much.  The only one of the current crop of new young female artists that I like at all is Miranda Lambert. 

LazyGLowlines

Alan Jackson
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Allison Kraus
Del McCoury Band

had to throw in my next 5
Dierks Bentley (loved his music from the first time I heard it)
Taylor Swift
Jason Aldean
Miranda Lambert
Sugarland

AAOK

Top 5 Best Music

Jerry Jeff Walker
David Allen Coe
Kris Kristofferson
Marty Robbins
Willie Nelson

Top 2 Best Looking

Carrie Underwood
Shania Twain

Angus Gal

Speaking of Shania Twain...what happened to her in the music industry? I haven't heard anything from her in a long time...

In no particular order...

Taylor Swift
  Garth Brooks
  Kenny Chesney
  George Strait
  Sugarland

garett

justme said:
Up and coming... Low Cash Cowboys and Taylor Swift

Hey. The Low Cash Cowboys opened up for Billy Currington at a fair around here and I thought they did a much better than Billy himself.
And Im gonna be goin to the FFA National Convention this October and I hear Taylor Swift will be there. Pretty pumped to see that I do say so myself!

Latest posts