Top 5 cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

TYD

We should start a poll if anyone knows how not that it matters anyone who could get a piece of any of these great cows is lucky

woltemathangus

There is so many in the angus breed. In no order... Entense 76D. Lucy 178E. 1905. 491G. And probably 814G (the Mother of so many greats on the ohlde farm.
I think in the simmental breed... In no order. Black Jade. Miley Cottentail. Black Glitter. Ebony Antoinette. 3C Melody
Good thread

mccannfarms

In the Limi world... my picks would be in no order:
EXLR Luvly 084F, EXLR Rebeca 1019P, Miss Gateway 1121J, MAGS Fruitful, Mags Lady Ace
(Some of those cows are dead now but their legacy is far reaching)

J2F

TYD said:
We should start a poll if anyone knows how not that it matters anyone who could get a piece of any of these great cows is lucky

I think it is time for a "cow" bracket!!! (thumbsup)
February cow Madness  (clapping) (clapping) (clapping)

sizzler14

1) 602G
2) Harrietta
3) Hazel
4) Hanewich 1014
5) 6651 Donor from Sullivans. Mother of 3 national champions and 170,000 valued I DA MAN,.

Gargan

i would have to throw Miley in the batch now too. she has produced I-80, Maine Man, and I Believe. Numerous good hfrs also  <rock>

blackdiamond

Is this thread about the top 5 cows right now, or of all time? 

Is it about a cow that's got the most representation in the cattle industry, or just a cow that's produced tons of good offspring?

blackdiamond

Shouldn't Heatseeker's mother be on there then-- she is in virtually every 3 generation pedigree in America in regards to the show cattle world. 

............... even if she only produced one offspring of note... and was a bag of bones, horrible looking beast...

Gargan

blackdiamond said:
Shouldn't Heatseeker's mother be on there then-- she is in virtually every 3 generation pedigree in America in regards to the show cattle world. 

............... even if she only produced one offspring of note... and was a bag of bones, horrible looking beast...

True  (thumbsup)

afhm

6651, cookie, occ 1019, occ 709v, occ814g, occ 816b are the ones that stick out to me right now. 602g has always been hit or miss even with the same bull. Harrietta's calves make a splash when they're debuted but most of them seem to vanish in a season or two. Arguments could be made to include Went 26 ( I think that's her number) the mother or Carnac and the cow that made heat wave a household name when she produced the steer that eventually won Sioux Falls. She also had several other sons win big shows. Pannell 4072- mother of Power Plus and numerous other sires and awesome show heifers.  The whiplash daughter of Ohlrichs that produced point taken and other sires. The Miley Cottontail cow has done a lot in the simmy breed along with the Sheza Lady family that steel force descends from. There are many others that could be included on the list.

shortii

Cinderella                  Not all of these are the exact cow but the cow family
Wag Harrietta
KA BA Rose T90
Mona Lisa 35L
602 G
Myrtle Bo

john91

In no order:
602G
Harrietta
7578 (dam of Walks and B.I.M.)
Miley (dam of I-80 and I Believe)
3C Melody (dam of Dream Catcher, Driver, Upside)
H832 ( dam of Amen, Simple Math, Bentley)
C 17 (dam of Whiplash)
FAW Terry (dam of Heat Wave)

Dvrom

Anybody got any pictures to go with these? <cowboy>