Top 5 cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

GONEWEST

Anyone that listed Harietta want to tell me exactly why? I mean besides a whole slew of bulls that people pay a lot of money for that never produce anything. And two good half Simmi heifers out of how many calves attributed to her? I've heard it said that all of those bulls aren't even out of the same cow.  (pop)

Just wondered what your requirements are for the "top 5" cow award you gave to her.

Hoosier

I'm no angus guy but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Forever Lady 57D.  That cow made a lot of great females over the years.  I saw her toward the end of her life at the ET center in Kentucky and she wasn't much to look at, but she cranked em out for more than a few years.

Quick fire

GONEWEST said:
Anyone that listed Harietta want to tell me exactly why? I mean besides a whole slew of bulls that people pay a lot of money for that never produce anything. And two good half Simmi heifers out of how many calves attributed to her? I've heard it said that all of those bulls aren't even out of the same cow.  (pop)

Just wondered what your requirements are for the "top 5" cow award you gave to her.
I have seen probably 10 or 11 daughters of hers by a multitude of sires that are all beautiful. I think the bull thing with her is that any bull calf she has they keep a bull, they flood the market with them and the interest fades. But the daughters are fantastic. Miss America in person I would rival up against any cow phenotypically. Miss USA has had a slew of high sellers and the Gracie daughter is a proven producer. The hard core at this years Pryority one was also great. Her daughters by 3-D are very underrated. A Ali daughter I saw has raised multiple calves over 10k. She throws her heifer calves extremely consistent and I think a lot of people would love to have them. She is more consistent than 602g that's for sure. But I do love 602g lol