total solution calving ease?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I've looked at some of his BW's & thought he was a calving ease bull but read on another board he wasn't. any one used him? This is the WMW x Habanero bull

Red

OH Breeder

Hey Red,
If I remember right, the guy that was half owner or breeder was on here and said he was calving ease. I think there was a thread associated with it.I will look.

red

aj said:
Isn't he like plus 3.8 bwt epd. To me that means expect a 105# calf.

AJ- you sure you don't have him mixed w/ Final solution? TS has a BW epd of 0.2

Red

C-CROSS

we used him last year with great success.  Kept several heifers for replacements.

aj

Red.. you are right...I know it is hard to believe but I have been wrong a couple times in my life. ;D

aj

I hope he is a low birth weight deal. However, it just seems like you have to use a linebred or extreme low birth weight type genetics to lower bwt's in the shorthorn breed anyway. If he is bred the same way all the other show cattle are but phenotype wise had a low bwt....doesn't seem to do the trick. jmo "long live the red white and roan!"

red

there is a real nice ad for him in the latest Show circuit. He's supposed to have a 65 # BW.
He sired the reserve champion Simmental at the 2007 GA national & the Reserve champion steer at the LA state fair.

Red