tow rigs

Help Support Steer Planet:

BK

have an 09  dodge 3500 megacab dulley  smarty chip and strait pipe. pulling a 36ft stock . about 11mpg with out a trailer pushing 21 highway 16average. cummins is the way 2 go i had an 02 duramax fun 2 play around in but didn't pull anywhere close 2 as good. and i never have been a ford man 2 many problems with the new ones.

M-n-M Cattle Company

We have an '08 Ford 350 crew cab lareite dually. It's auto and a deisel. It pulls a '09 20" Moretiz stock gooseneck, its 6.8" wide

Then my "parents" have a '06 Ford 550 crew cab lareite. It to is a auto and a deisel and has a eby flatbed. It pulls a  a '08 24" Eby stock gooseneck with the goose lowered. The trailers also 8 foot wide.

Then the oldie, is a "95 Ford 350 reg. cab with 450 springs, it also has an eby flatbed on it. It's trailer is a also a '95 eby 16' stock gooseneck, not sure how wide that one is. 

BCCC

kimbaljd said:
I think the issues with the motor's are not nearly as bad as people like to make them to be in gossip. You have to figure into the equation of how many are sold. There are a lot more of those Ford's on the road. When diesel prices where low like they where every tom Nice job! and harry went out and bought them an F250 with a diesel engine. So, more trucks on the road means yes there are more stories of trucks with problems. I know a lot of people that drive diesels and every brand has their different "issues".
When they came out they were every bit as bad as they were made out to be. The 03's and 04's were terrible they finally got the problems sorted out in the 05's. We own a water meter company, and in 2003 we bought 14 F350's for service trucks, and with in 9 months every one of them had been in the shop at least once, for either turbos, motors, injectors, EGR, or head gaskets, with one truck going in 11 times. In 2004 every one of them were gone and replaced by 2004 Dodge 3500's, Not to long ago we traded a couple of them off as they 130k+ miles, and picked up 3-2006 F250's with the 6.0 with very low miles so we shall see how they do.

I personaly pull with a 99 dodge 3500 5 speed that has 200K miles on it, with a 245 horse fueling chip, a slightly enlarged turbo, and bigger injectors, along with a Air Dog fuel pump, and an after market intercooler. And then for fun I drive a highly modified 98 Dodge 3500 with the 12V cummins, It brings a whole new meaning to to black smoke ;D  And if you were wondering neither get $h*t for fuel milage when I am driving them lol.... my dad drove the 99 to Tulsa Oklahoma(400 miles) and only used a tank of Fuel, so somewhere around 11mpg

bolt

My 01 dodge is set up nice.  Haisley Machine street twin clutch with south bend stainless braied line slave cclinder.  Haisley machine street cam and a schied hot rod pump. DDP stage 7 injectors 275 hp. Fass fuel pump and .093 fuel line and flow tubes.  Hogan 4" intercooler and 4" piping.  Ported the head valve spring work.  Haisley head studs and the head and block  are fire ringed.  Super b turbo and with a edge hot box and a smarty program.  Almost forgot had to put billet input shaft and fly wheel in it.  With 84,000 im going to keep it and add more for sure.  It pulls a trailer like no other it with flat run out of gear.  Its stupid i know but i dont golf or have any hobbies really.  My wife says cows, trucks, and kodiak some up in 3 words.  She has me pegged!

JbarL

bolt said:
My 01 dodge is set up nice.   Haisley Machine street twin clutch with south bend stainless braied line slave cclinder.   Haisley machine street cam and a schied hot rod pump. DDP stage 7 injectors 275 hp. Fass fuel pump and .093 fuel line and flow tubes.  Hogan 4" intercooler and 4" piping.   Ported the head valve spring work.  Haisley head studs and the head and block  are fire ringed.   Super b turbo and with a edge hot box and a smarty program.   Almost forgot had to put billet input shaft and fly wheel in it.  With 84,000 im going to keep it and add more for sure.   It pulls a trailer like no other it with flat run out of gear.   Its stupid i know but i dont golf or have any hobbies really.  My wife says cows, trucks, and kodiak some up in 3 words.   She has me pegged!

ive seen some pretty impressive 1/4 mile times with some diesel 4 wd's....souonds likie yoiu can get there quick too....have you put a time on it yet??....mid 12's??

bolt

I tried it once and i broke the spider gears in the rear end and got the transfer case so that was the end of that.    It will never go down a dirt track with a sled i have been there done that before. 

herfchic

I have or I guess had, since I just moved into school, and my parents have now reclaimed the truck, a '00 F250 with 145K on it.  It is a great truck, chipped and it gets 15 mpg without the trailer and 13 with the trailer. We also put another leaf spring in the rear, so it holds up all the weight you want to put on it very well.

My grandpa has an 08 F350 dually flat bed that is a special order truck with a 60 gallon rear fuel tank. It gets 9.5 mpg no matter what you are pulling. That is a pain if you are going very far, but Grandpa never wants to have to fill up away from home so, I guess it works.

herfchic

Yeah it did Justin, and then it made a long trip to Tulsa in july.  It is a nice truck and it is reliable so it works. 

Shady Lane

I run a 2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab, diesel 6 spd 4wd. I have 100,000 miles on it so far. It has been a very good truck so far and has needed no other work besides some worn out drive shaft u-joints.

Sadly one of those joints locked up and cracked the front half of the transfer case which now needs replaced.

I pull a 2009 Sooner SR724 stock trailer with it that I just got this spring. So far so good I'm quite happy with both purchases.

Prior to the '06 Dodge I had a 1999 2500 Quad Cab, SLT Sport, 5 spd, 4x4, shortbox with a Cummins.

Aftermarket intake and exhaust, big injectors, blocked waste gate and boost fooler and a Van Aaken Smartbox on it and it would ran well!

(thumbsup)

I loved that truck, probably my favourite truck ever.

Had much more power after the mods than the 06 does stock and gave better mileage towing and empty.

Plus that straight pipe just sounded MEAN!