Trailer modifications/accessories

Help Support Steer Planet:

WRS

We are planning on taking our aluminum trailer in to get some accessories and modifications done to better equip it for showing.  I'd love to hear of everyone's suggestions of "must-have's" or even luxury items that they find useful on their trailers.  We plan to have tie bars put on (inside and outside) and are considering more lights (already have 2 interior) and maybe the bracket that holds a blocking chute on the outside of the trailer.  What suggestions do you have?

Thanks for your help!

GoWyo

Depending how you use it, an awning could come in handy at crowded shows.

sue

I always need an extra step(s) : side door, back slider and inside to reach in the neck of the trailer. 

Trails End Ranch

Having the brackets to hang the stall panels has come in handy for us. We had some custom made so they are removeable and we put them on when we need them.

WRS

Thanks for the suggestions.  Sue..I'm curious what the removable brackets look like for the panels.  Could you PM me with a picture or details about what they look like and where  they attach to?  Thanks again everyone... any other suggestions?

Trails End Ranch

WRS said:
Thanks for the suggestions.  Sue..I'm curious what the removable brackets look like for the panels.  Could you PM me with a picture or details about what they look like and where  they attach to?  Thanks again everyone... any other suggestions?

I couldnt figure out how to send the pics in a pm so here they are. They are very simple to make,  they have screws in the back to clamp down to the trailer sides and have hooks that go over the sides of the trailer. they are very efficent and work very well, we have only hauled dividers with them and never a chute. Hope that this helps some! (thumbsup)

Attachments

• IMG_3252.JPG
    IMG_3252.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 184

sue

TER - those look like they are adjustable? We have stored panels inside over the heads of cattle.... which i cannot show you right now because my trailer is getting detailed.
Where do I find the kind you purchased TER?

Trails End Ranch

sue said:
TER - those look like they are adjustable? We have stored panels inside over the heads of cattle.... which i cannot show you right now because my trailer is getting detailed.
Where do I find the kind you purchased TER?

The only adjustable part on them are the screws in the back. But we have never had any problems as far as adjusting goes.... We had them custom made from a guy in town but im sure if you found someone to make them they can do it also, very simple design.

smurf

We mounted a back-up camera on the ceiling in our trailer.  It works great for long trips to make sure the cattle are OK.